Chapter 15

Betty Cooper:

We all sat in a booth at pop's, that weekend. Tense energy is what I felt for the first couple of minutes. This was weird all of us out on a date together, at the the beginning of the year I would have never thought my life would be like this. If someone had asked me how I imagined my first date, I would've said in a nice restaurant, with Archie Andrews. And what I can say about that now, is that I'm so happy my life changed. 

"Betts, you okay," I hear Jughead whisper into my ear, goosebumps forming at his deeper voice. I turn to look at him, seeing as he had moved closer towards me. I look up to meet his eyes, as I nod in reassurance. A small smile formed on my parted lips as I take in how handsome he is. I soon feel his fingers intertwining with mine under the table, causing me to sneak another glance his way, a smug smile on his face as he stares ahead at the rest of our friends. 

"So how long have you all been together," Valerie asks, moving her eyes over all of us. 

"We just made things official recently," Cheryl speaks up for her and Veronica. Both of them stay looking into each others passion filled eyes. 

"The same for us," Jughead exclaims, squeezing tighter on my hand, causing my smile to brighten. 

"That's great, you all look really cute together," Valerie, replies turning to glance at Archie who seems like he'd rather be doing anything else but this. I don't get it though, he practically was  begging to be involved a couple days ago. I notice that his gaze is on Jughead, a mad expression on his face. What's up with him today. 

I try to ignore it, as I eat a fry. Noticing how Cheryl and Veronica are in their own little world. And how Jughead keeps tracing his fingers over the palms of my hands under the table. Valerie looks like she's trying to get closer to Archie, but all he does is keeps his eyes locked to Jughead as he scoots further away from her. 

Okay so maybe this wasn't the best thing to do this weekend. I'd much rather be home with Jughead cuddled in each others arms as we watch a movie. 

"So.." Valerie drags on, seeing as nobody is really talking. 

"Huh," Veronica smiles turning to us all, confused. 

"We should all say when we started having feelings for the others," Valerie makes up something for us to do. We all nod in agreement, but Archie just rolls his eyes. Okay someone really needs to smack him across the face right now. 

"I'll go first," Veronica speaks up, Cheryl turns slightly red. 

"I started liking you when I joined the River Vixens, I remember thinking that you were really pretty, and wondered how someone as perfect as you could have so many bad things happening in your life. And I wanted to make them better for you, at first I didn't think anything about the feelings, I just told myself that I only liked you as a friend because I was scared, but at that one party when me and you finally kissed..I knew, you were someone I always want in my life," Veronica states, Cheryl has slight tears in her eyes as she nods her head. Leaning forward to quickly press a kiss to Veronica's lips. I smile at their love, then turning my attention to Jughead who Is too busy looking a head at them, smiling brightly. 

"I'll go next," I find myself speaking, seeing as Jughead turns to me curiously, his eyebrows raised in surprise. 

"Jug, we've known each other for some time now. And when I was little I was too blinded to notice that I've always counted on you, for everything...You've always been my shoulder to cry on, and the one person I could talk to about anything. And one day I just started to notice little things, like how my breathing would become faster, just by you being in the same room with me. Or when you'd smile at me, it felt like the best thing ever...And when we finally kissed, I couldn't believe how much that I already knew all of this...I already knew, that you were the best thing that could ever happen to me, and every morning when I wake up..I'm not kidding when I say that you're the first person I think about, You mean everything to me," I admit, letting my deepest secrets unravel as his eyes glaze over. His fingers laced with mine the entire time.