Chapter 23

Betty Cooper:

It was a schedule really, everything circling back and forth for the next couple of weeks. All of us taking turns driving Veronica to appointments or treatments. The four of us taking turns going to school to either get our work or drop it off. As of now the doctors said it was a good chance that Veronica could be cured. But I couldn't help have my mind drift to dark places, thinking of the worst scenarios as I sat beside her bed. Me now taking my turn to watch after her just in case, while also keeping her company. 

"So...," she smirks over at me. 

"What," my eyebrows furrow in confusion as she analyzes me. 

"There's something different about you..I've been trying to figure it out for the past couple of weeks," she smiles brightly, lifting herself onto her elbows to get a closer look. 

"I don't know what it'd be..I haven't gotten a hair cut or anything," I chuckle under my breath. 

"You're practically glowing...you and Jughead seem to be doing really well lately," she eyes me, making me slightly uncomfortable under her hard gaze.

I don't say anything, straight away getting what she was hinting at. My cheeks flushing what I presume to be a bright red as I tilt my head down, my hair that is down around my shoulders moving to cover my heated face.

"Oh my god.." she shrieks, basically jumping out of bed causing me to give her a worried look. 

"What," I try and play it off as if I have no clue to what she's talking about. 

"You and Jughead," she wiggles her brows, only causing the flush to spread even more over my body. A loud laugh echoing around her room as she squeals like a little kid. 

"I can't believe it...when did you two..you know-," she gestures with her hand, causing my eyes to widen and a laugh to escape my parted lips. 

"A couple of weeks ago," I let slip out of my mouth, knowing that I didn't really have a choice. 

"I'm happy for you B..that boys in love with you, and you're in love with him," she exclaims flopping back down on the bed, staring up at her ceiling as she continues to beam at the news. 

"Have you and Cheryl," I decide to ask, I can pry to. 

She turns her head in my direction a smile still plastered on her face as she frantically nods in agreement. 

"I can tell she really loves you to you know...she's here more than the rest of us probably even more than your mom," I explain. 

A giggle leaving Ronnie's lips as she nods once again. 

The once loud laughs had now quieted down to the point of silence. It wasn't uncomfortable but there was definitely some type of tension as we both sat there. 

"If...it ever came to me-," she suddenly starts to say, but I quickly cut her off. 

"Don't say that..okay you'll be fine. You are going to make it through this, with all of our help," I stand from the chair leaning down to embrace her as she leans up to do the same. Tears already stinging my eyes that quickly. 

"Take care of my mom and Cheryl," her quiet sobs are muffled in my shoulder as I tense. I don't want to think about what could happen. 

But none the less I nod, wanting her to know that I'll always be there for her. 

                                                                                    **

"Hey..are we heading out," Jughead asks me as I walk back into the living room later on that night. I nod as I walk towards him, straight away needing another hug. His hands press's into my lower back pulling me into his chest as he rests his chin on top of my head. 

"I know I'm not the one who should be complaining..but I can't live without Veronica here, pestering us about going to parties or begging us to do something different rather than spend all of our nights at Pop's," I begin to cry, finally letting those built up tears leave my eyes once again. 

"Hey...everything happens for a reason. She'll get better, and everything will be fine," He comforts me, tilting my head up to capture my lips with his for a brief moment. Before we pull away, his hand staying on my back as we leave Veronica's. 

                                                                                         **

I stare up at the dark ceiling, remembering how Veronica was doing the same thing today. I wonder what she was thinking about. 

"Jug," I ask, soon feeling his hands wrap around my waist. 

"Yeah," he groggily questions pressing his face into my chest as he try's to get comfortable once again. 

"Where do you think we will all be in 5 years," I curiously ask. 

"I don't know...I'll probably still be here in Riverdale writing about the some what awful things that happen here," He states. 

"You suck at this game," I smile, hearing as he laughs against my skin. Goosebumps forming over my skin at the sensation.

"Where will you be then," He tilts his head up, our eyes locking. 

"Where ever you are...that's where I'll be," I say the most cliche thing ever. His smile brightens even more. 

"Wow..so you think things will work out for us Cooper," he smirks leaning down to peek my lips. 

"I sure as hell hope so," I lean forward to enclose him in my arms, pulling him down to my chest as he breathes against my skin. My eyes soon closing, drifting off into sleep. 

                                                                                    **

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, THE BOOK IS NEARLY COMING TO A CLOSE SOON. I'M NOT SURE HOW MANY MORE CHAPTERS I'LL WRITE, TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT.

PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT ABOUT WHAT YOU LIKED ABOUT THE CHAPTER. 

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING<3<3<3