Chapter 5: The second day.

"Let's go out." Harun said, as soon as he came into the room. The night before, we both slept in different rooms after I insisted upon it. I got up, and rubbed my eyes.

"I don't want to." I replied.

"Why not?!" He whined. I slowly turned my gaze to look at him as innocently as I could.

"I want to study." I replied. His jaws dropped.

"W...When are we going to hang out then?" He asked. I pointed to all the books in his book shelf.

"When I finish all those books." I replied. He stared at me, now annoyed. He came all the way on top of my bed, grabbed my arms and yanked me out of bed.

"Not on my watch." He said.

"Hey! Don't you remember the 'no touching' rule?!" I asked, panicked. "And that hurt!" I complained.

"Sometimes I can't help it." He said, with a poker face.

"Well, help it!" I screamed annoyed. My hair was all over the place and my eyes were blood shot red.... Mainly because I stayed up all night reading a book. I got out of bed, and looked at my bruised arm, then at Harun. I sobbed. "One night into this marriage, and I'm already facing abuse." Harun's face changed colors.

Come to think of it... why is he so strong for such a skinny guy? Unconsciously, I walked over to him, and rolled up his sleeves to feel his muscles without even realizing it. My eyes widened, when I saw and felt how heavy his arm actually was.

"Now I feel violated." He said. I let go of his arm, and moved back. He grabbed onto my arm. "Now you're pulling back?" He asked. I couldn't tell if he was teasing me or being serious. In the process of thinking, I heard my stomach growl. And I... wasn't the only one that heard it. When I looked up at the grinning Harun, I could feel the heat rush to my ears and neck.

"Do you know how to cook?" I asked him. He nodded his head.

"I'm an expert at making instant noodles." He replied. "In fact, everything in the house is instant." My jaws dropped, and I stared at him dumbfounded. My face then pulled up a disgusted look and I turned away.

He was wearing a long sleeve black shirt, and grey sweatpants. I wiggled my arm out of his grasp, and went to the bathroom to wash up. After I was out, I found Harun laying on the bed, reading the book that I spent the entire night reading.

"So, how was it?" He asked.

"How was what?" I asked.

"The book." He replied.

"Not bad... but the ending wasn't satisfactory." I replied. He put the book down and watched me as I tied my hair in a pony tail. "It's rude to stare." I said.

"Is it?" He asked curiously. I didn't reply. When we both went downstairs, we were both shocked. Haroon's face scrunched up into an angry expression as he pulled out a chair and sat down roughly. I stared at his older sister who was wearing the kitchen apron, and smiling widely at us. Somehow, even though she was the only girl here, instead of feeling comfortable, I felt extremely uncomfortable. Her plastered smile scared me more than it did reassure me.

"I thought I'd drop by and make you both some breakfast." She said, sweetly. I smiled, hesitantly.

"Thank you, but you really didn't have to." I said.

"Aww, is that you're way of telling me not to barge into your lives now?" She asked, frowning. Before I could comprehend what she said, Harun chimed in.

"Yeah, that's exactly what we want." I stared at both siblings horrified.

"Um... that's not what I meant." I replied. His sister stared at me for a long moment before smiling again.

"Oh, I was only joking." She replied.

"Here, I'll help you." I volunteered. She smiled again. After making us breakfast, she declared she would be coming often to check up on us because she was worried Harun would treat me wrong. Of course, she didn't let Harun hear that. I looked over at Harun, and found him sulking in his chair with a raged-filled aura.

I have to admit, seeing his face yesterday for the first time, I might have typically come to the conclusion that I had just entered an abusive marriage. But the last 24 hours were not as bad as I thought.

After she left, Harun's anger evaporated. He ate whatever I had made, and left out whatever his sister made.

"She must have poisoned it." Harun said. I stared at him shocked.

"Why do you guys hate each other?" I asked him. Harun looked up at me.

"You don't know her true colors." And that was that.