I Won't Leave

Michelle

Quavo is a little annoying, but sometimes I like having him around like on days when I'm too sick to get out of bed and Jasmine is busy. He did just about anything that I ask him to and I'm not gonna lie I use it to my advantage a little bit.

"Are you sure you wanna eat this?" he asked handing over the container of fried rice. He went all the way across town to my favorite Chinese spot to get this for me and I didn't even ask him to go that far. All I said is that I wanted shrimp fried rice.

"To be fair I didn't ask you to go get this. I could have eaten cereal or something." I sat up on the bed grabbed the container and fork from him.

"It's gonna give you heartburn," he said.

"Not if I don't put soy sauce on it like I did the last time," I said.

"Alright, don't listen." He replied.

I should have listened because he was right and I did get heartburn after I ate the fried rice. He let me lay across his stomach and complain as much as I wanted while he rubbed my belly. Normally I don't like to be this close to people but this is so comfortable. It's like it calms both the baby and me at the same time.

"So, why did you do this?" he asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Why did you wanna have a baby by yourself? It seems like a pretty big decision to make huh?" he asked.

"I mean, I always wanted kids ever since I was young but none of my relationships never worked out," I said.

"Tell me about them." He said.

"Why would I do that?" I asked him.

"I bought you fried rice, and a king sized kit kat," he said.

"well I had a lot of ex's went on a lot of dates that didn't go anywhere......loved and was engaged to a man who cheated and had a baby with someone else. So after that, I just gave up on relationships." I said.

"Why?"

"Well when you've planned an entire wedding and you come home to tell your fiancé you found the perfect dress and you find him packing his bags. Then when you ask him what's wrong he just says that 'the feelings aren't there' and that he met a woman, got her pregnant, and now they're going to move across country into the house that he had built for the two of you for after the wedding it's kind of a ball-buster you know." I looked up and him and he was staring right down at me. His gaze made me uncomfortable so I looked away.

"That's fucked up," he said.

"Yeah I know," I replied.

"Well, I'm not gone do that to you," he said.

"Do what, we aren't together and we're not crossing that line," I said.

"I'm not talking about a relationship. He pretty much abandoned you and just left you behind in the dirty. I won't do that... I won't leave you." he said.

Quavo

I was looking over at the tv and talking to her at the same time and when I felt her body jerk in my lap I thought she was gagging and about to throw up. When I looked down at her she was chewing on her lip and looking like she was about to cry.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?" I asked.

She shook her head. "Nothing, I'm emotional." She said.

"You scared me. I thought I did something wrong." I said to her.

She wiped her face. "I'm sorry. I'm a mess."

"It's alright...I can live with that." I said. I was trying to make her feel better but she just kept crying like everything I was saying was making her cry more. "Mickey stop crying please."

She sat up and turned toward me. "You promise?" she asked.

"Yeah," I nodded. She was still caught up with that. I could tell by the way she was looking at me she wanted to believe me but she was fighting with herself to believe what I was telling her. "I promise."

She reached out and wrapped her arms tight around my neck. She was hugging me so tight that I could barely breathe. I laid back on the bed but she didn't let me go. She laid there for a long time, not saying anything, just hugging me tight like I was about to disappear into thin air.

"I can't breathe," I said to her.

"Sorry," she said without letting me go.

"You gonna let me go, at least a little bit so I won't suffocate," I said. She loosened her grip but didn't move otherwise. I don't know if she's letting me in or not but this is the second hug that I've gotten in one week so I think I'm making progress.