Dark times

Ivys apartment one month later:

     Harley was cuddled up on Ivys sofa watching tv and eating popcorn. She tried her best not to cry. She couldn't cry because she had to stay strong. She knew batman couldn't work with her. The public would go crazy about it if they didn't stop. He heart was warmed when she thought about the first time she fell for him, when she kissed his cheek and walked away. When she left she knew she loved him. She did love him but she never told him that of course they barely even kissed more than five times, imagine what he would think if she said she loved him.

"Harley get your ass off of my couch and find a job other than being the sidekick of bats and clowns!" Ivy said," look I love you Harls but seriously you need to get your mind off him." Harley put down the tv remote and glared at Ivy. "Hmm ok I will just go up to some random store and say, hi I'm Harley Quinn the former x seidekick of the joker." Ivy looked back at her even more angrily,"ummm...yah that's exactly what your gonna do and you know who understands your last job more Han anyone else? Bruce Wayne." Harley looked at her with a negative face,"noooooaaaow, I'm trying to get him out of my mind not work with him red!" Ivy cleared her throught,"Harls you need a job."

     Harley knew Ivy was right, she needed a job and the only person she knew would understand her mistakes was Bruce Wayne. She reluctantly grabbed her coat and some sunglasses and a wig and headed to Wayne enterprises.

Wayne Enterprises:

     Harley took a deep breath before pushing the rotating door and going into the lobby. She saw the girl at the front desk and asked if she could see Bruce Wayne.

"Why do you want to see him," the girl asked. "Well you see I need a job and I see that this business doesn't have a lot of people in it so I was wondering if maybe I would see about a job here," Harley replied nervously. "Right this way," she said signaling her hands towards the elevator doors.

     Harley was paranoid the whole way up the elevator, she didn't know what he would think or say. Harley didn't take rejection that well so the thought of seeing her ex boyfriend put a knot in her stomach.

"Hello I'm here looking for a job." Harley said standing up talk and seeming professional. "Well I believe I need an assistant, may I see your resume?" Harley reluctantly handed him her resume which very clearly had her name in bold letters at the top. Bruce cleared his throuaght."Harley is this supposed to be a joke?" He asked shocked at her actions. "Well no. You see I went to Ivy and she said I needed to get a job but I mean who would want a clown working for them. I know it's a little weird asking my ex boyf-well friend thing but I really need a job and it would be great if-" Bruce cut her off. "Harley stop rambling. I don't know if I can let you work here. You broke my heart harley. You left me randomly out of nowhere. I still can't stop thinking about you and what you did." "Look I still love you but it's hard Bruce. It's hard when people keep talking about you like your a monster, like your planning to kill the one person she feels safe wi-" Bruce again cut her off. "You love me?" He asked curious. Harley knew she couldn't recover from that one. "Well yah but it doesn't mean anything to us. This can't happen you and me just work." Bruce grabbed her as tightly as he could and kissed her.

     Harley didn't care about publicity anymore, all she knew was that she loved him and would die to be in his arms.

"I love you too," he said back as they broke away.