Prologue

Crafting everything by hand,

Indulging ones self into pure bliss through cooking,

Capturing accurate angles of magnified flavors; through spices, various ways of preparation, and different kinds of presentation.

...

Tōtsuki Teahouse Culinary Academy, an elite institute that continues to produce refined chefs. One of the best culinary in Japan, where the graduation rate is less than 10 percent. A sacred grove meant as a place of learning for the denizens of the food industry.

That's how one would describe Totsuki Academy.

A realm where diamonds in the rough are honed and polished to become the echelons of the culinary world.

Fujikawa Shouyo, a student in the elite institution who is in the bloodline of one of the most richest clan in the food industry. A family where everyone's names start with S, disregarding the surname.

"What do you call this?"

"She cannot be the next heir!"

"This is unacceptable!"

Vile words weren't the ones she wanted and expected to hear from her relatives'. She had talent, a bright future was in stored for her, she had amazing senses that were top notch. Yet... her family would describe her as a lackluster individual.

It can be because of her body composition-- but she would go to desperate measures just to cook. It may be her pride of choosing her own life-- but-- that just might be it. She wasn't one who would allow someone else to control her. Fujikawa Shouyo was holding her own name.

Although born in a prestigious family, her feet were glued to the ground and she isn't a pompous brat who would run her mouth about her position... for she doesn't have anything to be proud of. She may be in the bloodline of the S, she may have talent, but she lacks the taste to give the elders pleasure.

Being neglected by her family, she pursued her own cooking through the years in learning various ways of spicing things up. She didn't vow to make her family take back their words. Instead-- what will she do?

She is a child whose cooking gives an ambiguous response to the customers. Someone who holds so much talent that has been hiding in the dirt for a long time. In her stead as someone standing on a borderline, what would Shouyo do, in the academy where the graduation rate is less than 10 percent?

...

"Indulge in pleasure!"