Fourth Dish: Cook-Off

Shouyo's POV

I glanced at Soma-- through my peripheral vision-- who was absorbed by Satoshi's aura. And oddly enough a smile was plastered on his face that caused a sweat to drop on the side of my head.

Soma jumped and pulled his signature scarf from his wrist, his jacket tied around his waist in a blink of an eye, "Hang onto your seat!"

I think I don't have anything to worry about after all.

With that said, Yukihira bent down and observed Satoshi's dish once more.

"Does your family run a traditional Japanese restaurant, by any chance?" Soma asked.

"Why do you think that?" Satoshi answered back with another question. While I'm a spectator watching from the side lines, I figured to butt in for once, "Because Spanish mackerel grilled with Chinese pepper is a common Japanese dish, senpai."

"But it can't be made this well by just any establishment," Soma continued, his face glowing with a smile that matched Satoshi's brain-damaging smirk.

I was literally in prayer motion by now, my hands clasped together, my eyes closed and my very being praying to the gods.

Hardly noticing him taking another bite, he already tied the fabric around his head when my eyes darted open. Soma was already in the kitchen and the fire was already on.

With my arms in between my legs, my head motioned to look at Satoshi and asked, "Why exactly did this cook-off start?"

"You'll see, Soma-kun's potential and role in Totsuki," senpai answered. I continued to look at him for the next moments before Yuki and Sakaki suddenly woke up.

"Yuki, Ryoko! Oya!" From a state of seriousness from earlier, it quickly changed to a more Shouyo-like personality in less than three seconds.

"I guess I passed out," Yuki said, rubbing her eye and quickly sitting up on the bed, "Oh, Shouyochii, hiya."

"Oops, I drank too much rice juice," Ryoko exclaimed, sitting up on the floor as well.

But both their attention were driven to the sound of someone cooking, "Huh?"

"Yukihira's cooking?" Yuki asked in confusion to why Yukihira at this hour while she looked at the direction of the door.

"Is he still hungry?" Sakaki supported Yuki's curiosity.

"It's apparently a cook-off," The hentai-looking protagonist answered them.

"Oh, hey, Ibusaki. You were awake?" Yuki questioned while she and Sakaki turned their head towards Ibusaki.

"Pfft-- Ibusaki looks like a sleeping log," I sniffled out a laugh but Ibusaki turned his head to me, and even though I can't see his eyes, I can feel him glaring at my soul. I gulped, "What he mentioned was true though."

"Wait! A cook-off between them? Why?" Yuki seemed excited as she asked her question, I couldn't help but slump my shoulders and sigh. Who would be excited when a naked man challenges you in a cook off?

"No idea. But Isshiki-senpai started it," Ibusaki stated casually, the two girls turning back their heads to Satoshi in disbelief, increasing the heavy atmosphere in the room.

"Ibusaki, you're gonna continue looking like a sleeping log when you keep your hair like that," I wheezed, trying to lighten the heated atmosphere since you can literally feel the heat coming from the kitchen. Ibusaki sighed as he returned his gaze to me, "Let it be."

"Are we going to let Senpai's attire pass without comment, though?" Yuki sweatdropped as she looked at Satoshi who gazed at Soma while posing like a model for a nude magazine.