First Dish: Tōtsuki Teahouse Culinary Academy

Shouyo's POV

"Totsuki Teahouse Culinary Academy High School Division Opening Ceremony'

"Ahh~ Let's see..." I shifted uncomfortably on the wheeled chair-- that I owned since elementary school and successfully carried it on til now-- which I was currently sitting on as I searched for my line. Carefully controlling the chair I was sitting on as I navigated past the tens of thousands of students, I don't wanna hit anyone and run up into a tree now.

Thousands of cherry blossom petals seemed to fly around the ceremony area, which signed the start of spring and a new year in high school. Well... that seemed to be the case of most of the students here since I could tell that they want to graduate from this school. And for me. Spring really is beautiful... I let out a breather with my eyes closed and insignificantly wiggling while I crawled behind the person standing in front of me.

Will the ceremony start already?

...

"We will next present the new students with their class badge. Incoming valedictorian, Nakiri Erina," the speaker announced, which was followed by a confirmation from the Elite Ten, Tenth Seat, Nakiri Erina. "Here!" the said cook gracefully walked on stage as my head merely peeked through the shoulder of the person in front of me. And my eyes laid spot on stage where three women stood, the host, Erina and some teacher I guess. My tongue slipped and couldn't help but say, "Woah." while gawking at my attention on stage.

Which impulsively surprised the one in front of me... who happened to be a braided girl that stays in the same dorm as me, Tadokoro Megumi.

"Shouyo-chan!"

"Oh! Megumi, hi," I remained seated on my chair and waved to her-- although I ended up trying her braids together which she had to untie. Don't blame me. Megumi's just too cute for her own good.

Wrapping up my short chat with Tadokoro, dawdling mention of Erina's name tweaked my ears. I swear, I can hear them 10 miles away. My eyelids dropped and a sigh pursued its way out my mouth as I hear the flood of complements about Nakiri.

"Ah, Erina-sama..."

"Exquisite as always."

"Beautiful and at the top of her class..."

"She is perfection incarnate!"

Comments were ringing in my ears and my eyebrows started to twitch in irritation.

This is a culinary school and not a paparazzi one, sheesh. But, my eyes reopened and the thought about Erina's cooking and Divine Tongue made me look at her as she received a badge from the teacher on stage wherein they seemed to exchange words before Erina walked back down.

"If I could go on a date with her for even a single day, I'd die happy."

I literally shivered from this even though I wasn't the one being talked about, but still. It was creepy. I somehow feel bad for Erina now.

"Watch your mouth! You'll get kicked out off the academy!"

Salute to you wise man.

"Yeah. She's the daughter of the don who heads the food industry mafia!"

Somehow... I felt my mood go down...

"Well, sure, but..."

"We now welcome our keynote speaker: the director of our Totsuki Academy, Nakiri Senzaemon-sama," Urara spoke and the director stood on stage and I vow to every living anchovy that you could practically see flames around him. And I guess... all high praise Erina was getting earlier got replaced by gasps of mix emotions from all students from the sight of the director.