Third Dish: Welcoming Party

Shouyo's POV

"Like I said, I'm busy studying for the written exam! Go have your party in some other room!" Marui complained, flailing his arms in exaggeration. "Why do you guys always party in my room?!"

"What choice do we have? You have the biggest room," Yuki said while stretching her fingers, not even looking at Marui.

"Who said you could sit on my bed!" Marui exclaimed.

"Oh c'mon Marui, you don't really mind us partying here. Since you end up joining. Plus, you always look like you're having fun when we hold a party here," I said, bringing my knees near me and taking a sip of Ryoko's rice juice.

"I don't have a choice! You guys distract me from studying!"

"Your room's always clean, too," one of the Polar Star Dorm mothers, other than Megumi, Sakaki Ryoko, commented. And, Marui of course cut in, "I just finished cleaning up!"

"There were books scattered about earlier," Shoji said with his arms crossed and his expression looked like he was innocent and didn't cause any trouble earlier. "That's because you guys were on a rampage in my room!" Marui exclaimed, again. And steam is already going out of his ears.

"Anyway, you should have more chairs around," Daigo said, trying to look innocent as well. Sigh.

"Like hell I should!"

After Marui's exclamation, Daigo bumped into the shelves again, causing the books to fall, and another retort came from Marui. "Not the books again!" Admist the ruckus, Ibusaki, the one who is beside me. stayed quiet while biting his cup.

Meanwhile, an out of placed Soma sat beside a gloomy Megumi, who I could hear sniffling and fidgeting with her arms. So, I crawled up to her of course. I don't want anything to happen with my precious treasure, especially with Soma around.

"Megumi..." I literally crawled behind her and placed my hands on her shoulders and slightly pulled her away from that pervert Soma. I just happened to find out, after asking Megumi a couple of times, that Soma accidentally walked into the shower with Megumi inside. It was terrifying, even for me. And I cannot let Yukihira destroy Megumi's dignity.

"Ah... Shouyo-chan..." Megumi uttered quietly. I blinked, "Hmm?"

"Well, who knew we'd end up in the same dorm, too?" Soma said referring to both Megumi and me while he was resting his weight on his arms stretched behind him.

"Yeah..." Megumi answered back.

"It would be better if we didn't though," I said, scoffing at Soma. In return, he put his tongue out.

"Wait, does that mean you passed the dorm entrance challenge in one try?" Megumi asked, surprised and her gloom fed away.

"I guess. I'm glad I managed to scrape by!" Soma said, turning to look at Megumi.

"He barely passed though."

"Says the one who looked like she really enjoyed it," Soma smiled sheepishly and I could see the smirk behind it. I just scoffed again.

"That's amazing. Almost no one makes it through on the first try," Megumi stated and then turned to look at me, "Oh wait, Shouyo-chan didn't you pass on your first try too?"

Taken by surprise, I was uncertain of what I was going to say. "Ah, eh... Yeah."

"Huh, then Tadokoro, how'd it go for you then?" Soma asked. Megumi suddenly changed expression and looked away, "Oh, um... So-so, I guess..." Both Soma and I looked at her questioningly.

I was curious too, since she stayed at Totsuki a year longer than me, so I have no idea how long it took everyone to get admitted. Well, I didn't bother asking them.