One

Julie didn't try to fight back when the group of girls and boys shoved her agaisnt the locker. She let her small structure be slammed against them. It hurt amd she sank to the ground in pain. Her head hurt. The other kids laughed at her. One girl threw a painful kick at her side, which made Julie yelp. It would sure leave a bruise. When they heard voices down the hall, the students quickly left the girl on the ground, expect for Rose -the meanest, who smiled fakely at the teacher walking over.

"Hello Mr.Ross." She spoke sweetly, messing with a loose strand of her honey comb colored hair. She flashed him her big brown eyes.

"What's going on here?" He asked strictly, seeing the girl was obviously in pain.

"Oh well I sa Julie was being bullied, but before I could catch them they all ran off! So I wanted to help Julie out!" Rose lied through her white smile. Julie didn't say anything though. She was too quiet to doing anything. So she just sat there holding her side.

"Well fine. Julie, do you need to go to the nurse?" The teacher asked, not even bothering to question the girl who stood there looking innocent.

"N-No sir. I'm fine." Julie stuttered, painfully getting up. But it wasn't the worst they had ever done to her. She stood on her own feet eith Rose pretending she cared.

"Rose get to class, please." The rr sher spoke.

"But sir, I won't have a pass." She said.

"I'll email them." He said, waiting for Rose to scurry off. She nodded and walked off, smirking at herself. She had doen a good job getting away. Julie was too easy. Way too easy for her.

Julie stood there awkwardly with thr teacher. Finally the man spoke to the shy, quiet girl.
"Julie, who were the bullies? He asked. The girl looked down, not wanting to answer. She didn't want to get hurt worse. Hell, whay they just did hurt a lto. What could they do to her if she confessed. So the girl stated down at her sneakers.

"Julie, I need you tell me so this can come to an end." He said once more, trying to get her attention. But she only stayed quiet. Like usual. Too afraid to speak up for what was right. Too afraid to rise up. She let herself shrink everyday.

"Julie, if you can't tell me then you have to do what's right on your own. I can't help you, honey if you can't tell me. It's up to you. No one should be treated wrong." Mr.Ross said, nodding. "Do you understand, Julie?" He asks. The girl looks up and nods.

"It would be best if you got to class. And I will be emailing your parents. They need to be notifyed of this-" The teacher was cut off my a frantic Julie.

"No! It's okay sir. I-I c-can do it." She stuttered. He gave her a questionable look but nodded.

"Fin, but I need to trust that you will." Mr.Ross said.

"I-I w-will. I promise." Julie said, crossing her fingers behind her back. The teacher nodded firmly and quickly wrote her pass.

"Get off to class then if you don't want to se the nurse." Julie nodded and painfully grabbed her things. She tucked her blue binder safely under her armpit as she took the yellow pass. Her sneakers squeaked as she walked down the hall, every step hurting with every motion she made. But she forced a smile onto her lips as she entered English, her fourth hour class. She just had to get through two more classes before the end of the day. Julie pushed the door open.

"Sorry I was late. Here's my pass, ma'am.." Julie spoke delicately amd quietly. Her softness and shyness made her a target for bullying. Even though the girl was as sweet as candy, those kids whom towered over her saw that as weakness. They beat her down everyday. And today was no different.

"Thank you. Take a seat." Miss Carson said, taking the pass and studying it before sending the girl away. Julie nodded and kept her head down ad everyone looked at her. She found her seat and sat. One of the kids that were teasing her sat behind her. He smiled, thinking of ways to bother Julie. The teacher turned around and continued to teach. That's when he started to pick on her.

The boy, Michael, scribbled do sone thing down on a piece of paper and threw it onto the front desk.

Julie saw it, knowing it was Michael. She carefully took it out and unrolled it. She read the words and had stop herself from crying right then and there.

No one likes you. Just go jump off a bridge

Julie held the paper tightly in her hand and tried her best to ignore her hurting feelings.

As the class went on, Michael threw papers at her and everything. When it ended, Julie got out as fast as could to make it to her next class without being kicked, teased or hit. But of course some one tripped her as she was almost there. A girl stuck out her right legs. Julie lost her balance and her school supplies fell as she hit her head on the ground. She groaned as she looked up and held her head in utter pain.

Two teachers who had just turned the corner spotted Julie on the ground. They rushed over to check on her.

"Oh my gosh, honey are you alright?" The one asked, helping her up. Julie nodded to the woman as she held in tears. She can't cry. She just can't. The woman collected her things as the other checked the side of her head. Julie bkue Ivory Ella shirt and rode up a bit and part of the fresh bruise on her side was clearly visible to the dark haired teacher.

"Oh my god, how did you get that bruise?" The woman asked. Julie's eyes went wide as she hurriedly pulled her shirt down. That wasn't the only bruise on her body. The thirteen year old had another one on her back aswell. The woman had senses the fear in the small girl and kneeled to her height. She braught her green eye sup to the girl's brown eyes and abd a serious look printed on her face.

"What's your name sweetie?" She asked, smiling gently.

"Julie.." The girl mumbled quietly

"Julie, who gave you that bruise?" He asked, tucking a piece of hair from Julie face. Julie sensed the mother figure in the teacher. And oddly she knew that if that teacher knew her situation things would be down Julie didn't want.

"N-n-no one. I'm fine." She spoke.

"Are you sure? I want to make sure that you're okay." She asked again.

"I'm fine. I just get hut on that side by my dresser." She said quickly, trying so badly to get to class.

"Julie, if there's something you have to speak up. I'm Mrs.Ryland. Promise me you'll tell me if somethings wrong?" Mrs.Ryland asked.

"I will." Julie said immediately. Still unsatisfied and uneasy about the young girl, the teacher stood up and took Julie's things from the teacher who had been listening in. Mrs.Ryland handed Julie her things.

"What's your class?" She asked as they began walking.

"Science with Mr.Pepper." Julie spoke quietly, walking faster than usual. The door was only a few feet away so Julie hurriedly walked in and the brunette popped her head in. The kids looked at Julie wondering why the girl was late for the second time today.

"Sorry about that. She was talking to me about getting extra credit. Excuse her." The woman said, nodding at the male teacher.

"That's fine, as long as she's here." Mr.Pepper said before turning his attention back to science.

When the woman closed the door she liked to the other one.
"I don't care what she say, obviously something is going on." She said firmly.

"Michelle? Do you think maybe about something at home?" The blonde asked.

"Has to me. I've seen a lot of kids in only my five years of teaching, but never have I seen a girl frantic and quiet before. We can talk more at lunch. I'll catch up with you at the teacher break room, Kate." The woman spoke.

"You too." Kate said, both women turning different directions.