Two

On the way home, Julie dragged herself on the walk home. Julie found going on the bus meant more torment than walking alone. Her siblings all rode the bus home but one rode the Highschool bus and the other was in elementary.

Julie kicked a rock that was near by and watched as it tumbled down the concrete. She kept her head low with her sweatshirt zipped up and her hood over her head. She stuffed her fidgeting hands in her pockets and connect her steps. Counting was one of the ways she kept herself calm. One time Kat eat night she counted up to 5,000 until she fell asleep shortly after that.

Julie's weakness to stand for herself is what made part of her strong. Each and every day she woke up knowing that day would consist of someone hurting her in anyway. The girl she could have taken her life a long time ago, but each morning amd night as she stared up at her ceiling, she just couldn't bring herself to do it. So she just prayed on stars that one day, just one day there would be someone to save her. Because Julie thought she couldn't save herself. She wasn't hero. At least that's what she knew of. She was a broken doll fixed together by glue. But she stopped paying music when someone opened the box. She had lost herself in all this pain. It hurt everyday, but somehow apart of her had gotten so used to the daily pains she got numb to it. It didn't hurt as much when it first. When someone hurts you so much so often, it never hurts as much. It was a sad thing, but Julie just learned to take it over time.

She still had two blocks to walk so she walked quietly and fast. She thought maybe today no one would be here to do something to her. But she knew that would only be false when she heard a few laughs and a harsh, mocking voice behind her. She knew who it belonged to. She knew it was cold and ready to hit her. So Julie continued walking hoping they'd go away. All she wanted was one simple walk home. Quiet and peaceful. But in the thirteen year old's life there never seemed to be a moment like that unless the the girl was showering or staying up late thinking. Or when her father wasn't home.

"Come on mute, don't try to walk away!" Mark said, grabbing her by her hoodie. Julie stumbled back and shut her eyes shut. They turned her around and she opened her eyes to be face with three kids, all from a grade older than Julie. Ashlynn smiled at the girl's fear and innocence.

"I saw your interaction with those teachers. Did you tell them anything? Because I bet your snitch self did." She growled. Julie shook her head frantically.

"I-I promise I didn'!" Julie says, feeling her self get smaller. Ashlynn rolled her eyes.

"Good. I want to make sure you don't." She said. Julie's eyes went wide as she backed up.

"Please don't. I won't say anything, I promise!" Julie shouted, starting to run. Mark quickly grabbed her and pushed her ground the ground. Julie, feeling helpless and weak, held her hands to her face. Mark kicked her side again this time it felt like she had been shot. She yelled out loudly in pain. The other tall girl rolled her eyes.

"Just go, Ash." She spoke. Ashlynn rolled her eyes in response and bent down to the poor girl who was lying on the concrete.

"You poor baby." She said smirking before throwing a punch right onto the girls face. Julie screeched and the horrible feeling. She got up and bolted down the street, heavy tears flying down her face. The other teens laughed at her high fived as the turned and walked away.

The helpless girl ran home and arrived. But before she walked in, Julie whipes her tears and Waite duntil her eyes returned to her normal color. Then she took a heavy breath. Her whole body was shaking. At the point, the girl felt so alone. She just wanted to give up.

When she walked in, she but her lip before she put a smile. She could hear yelling from her older sibling, Chad on the phone, probably with Shari their older sibling. Eve was probably still on the bus. She peeked in and saw that her mother was sitting alone in the kitchen. Ruby looked up and spotted her middle school daughter standing there. She smiled and Julie tried to get away so her mother wouldn't ask about the big blue and purple and green bruise that had already formed on her right cheek.

"Julie? come here." Ruby called to her daughter. Julie sighed and held he r hand on the bruise as if she were itching it. She moved her top finger just before the bruise so she wouldn't hurt it. She dumped her backpack on the chair and walked over and smiled.

"Hey mom." She said gently. He r mother nodded.

"Hi Abby." She replied softly. Julie's face turned to a sad expression as she smiled even more gently at her mother as she started thinking about her sister who was no longer here.

"I'm Julie, mama." She spoke. The woman sighed sadly when she realized. Her body became more sad as she looked at her child who looked so much like her what would be fourteen year old daughter, Abby.

"I'm sorry." She whispers. Julie sighed and tucked a piece of her mom's hair behind her ear.

"That's alright. How was your day." Julie asks.

"Good. I drove Evey to school." The mother finally smiled softly at the thought of her little girl.

"Good job, mom. I'm going to get started on my homework, okay?" Julie says softly, kissing her mom's cheek.

"Oh okay. Julie, what's wrong with your cheek?" Ruby asks suddenly. Julie just turns away and smiles. She didn't want her mom to worry.

"Nothing, mama. Just an itch." She said in a promising tone. Ruby out her hand up and gently pushed away Julie's hand. She looked at the bruise with shock.

"Julie, who did that to you baby?" She asks, looking st the fresh, giant bruise.

"No one, mama. I feel on a big rock and it's fine now. It doesn't even hurt." Julie spoke, lying for the sake of her mom.

"Are you sure, Julie?" She asks again.

"Yes, mom. There's no need to worry. Why don't you watch some TV? I think some movies are on." Julie says. The woman nods slowly, and takes Julie's helping hand. Slowly she gets up and follows Julie downstairs.

The girl helps lay her mother on the couch. She puts a blanket on her and then turns on a movie. Her mom watches as Julie kisses her head.

She walks upstairs, but stops and looks from the top of the wooden stairs. She lays her head agaisnt the chipping white walls and looks sadly at her depressed mom.

Julie was hurting more than ever, but not even her mom was able to see through her own sadness to help her.