Chapter 16- Loving and Blues Clues

I woke up the next morning to hear the sound of cries and moans from one of my girls. I turned to my right and saw Chloe still peacefully asleep. Why does she have to look so god damn gorgeous when she is sleeping? I kissed her cheek softly before getting out of bed and putting my grey super dry joggers on. I quickly walked over to the mirror and played with my hair before walking quickly on to the landing where the soft, delicate cries were more prominent. So I slowly walked to Lauren's door, opening it slowly to reveal her red raw eyes from all the crying and a pale face just like a ghost. She looked at me and made a grabbing action with her tiny hands. Me being me I walked over and picked her up to place her on my lap.

"Shhhhh princess shhhh" I softly spoke while rocking her side to side to calm her down.

"It's alright daddy's here now."

She looked into my eyes and softly kissed my cold rough cheek. That reminds me that I need a shave.

"Did you have a nightmare Lauren?" I asked her and she buried her head in my chest while shaking it meaning no.

I felt her forehead and she was flaming hot which is obviously not good for a three year old almost four. I grabbed her duvet and pillow whilst she was holding her teddy bear for dear life. I took her downstairs and placed her down on the sofa putting the duvet over her. Before leaving the room to make breakfast I stuck the television on for Lauren to watch Blues Clues on Nick Jr which she absolutely loves. After I made sure she was comfy I entered the kitchen and started making breakfast for all three of us.

Toast for Lauren

Sausage and egg for me and Clo

And of course two cuppas and orange juice for Lau.

Just as I started cooking the eggs I heard sleepy footsteps come downstairs so I went back in the front room to greet the love of my life. The one and only Chloe. She was in her dressing gown and pyjamas of course.

I went over to her and embraced her in a hug with a trail of kisses going down her neck. By does she taste good.

"Morning beautiful!"

"Morninnn handsome."

"You ready for your breakfast?"

"Yeah but the question is, is Lau ready for breakfast?"

I looked down at our princess who was slowly going back to sleep. The poor little girl.

"She's ill so I don't think she wants breakfast but we've got to try and get some food into her." I explained knowing I was right.

"Yeah your right. It looks like I'm feeding her so she does get something good into her."

I kissed my girl one more time before going back to attend to the eggs. Chloe went to nurse and cuddle Lau.

Chloe's POV

I sat down next to my princess and cuddled her tight. She looked at me with dreary eyes before kissing my warm cheek.

"I love you mummy!"

"I love you too princess."

She averted her gaze back to the television where Blues Clues was still on. I could tell the ending of the programme was coming and when Lauren is normally healthy and well she would sing the theme tune but I don't think she will today.

"Mummy can you or daddy sing the theme tune to me?"

"Magic word?"

"Please?"

I started singing the theme song as she cuddled into me more.

"Come on in (Blue: Come on in)

What did you say? (Kid: A clue, a clue!)