Chapter 5 - News

Previously

" No no, don't do that. It's not necessary. After all, the King made a mockery of me, practically announcing to the whole company at the table that I was your mistress " She sighed disheartened and offended by the term, slowly falling forward as a step, leaning her head on his chest, allowing a brief silence to encase them.

He glanced down at her with a worried expression planted on his face, releasing her hand to wrap both arms around her waist pulling her close, resting his chin on the top of her head

" You are not a mistress, you are far from that title my dear. In fact would it be too estrange to say you were my lover? Or perhaps it's too soon to say such a thing? " He murmured softly, his thumb gently tracing circles between her shoulder blades trying to comfort her, exhaling softly. Closing his eyes momentarily, he knew it would be difficult for them to try and be together, but the truth was, he didn't care. He was willing to overcome the challenges, if that's what it took to call her his.

Continuation

He inhaled as he slowly leaned his forehead to meet hers, yes they were standing in the hallway where anyone could be passing by and see, but right now he saw her discomfort and worry, he wanted her to feel secure and safe. Raising his head slightly to press a soft kiss to her head before looking down to meet her gaze " I love you Nephenee, despite your worry. We'll surpass it okay? My love? "

Cold shivers were running down her spine as his lips pressed against the skin of her forehead, a soft rose colour tainting her cheeks as she bit the corner of her mouth. Nodding briefly, her eyes peering over his shoulder as she heard the scraping of chairs and the joined muttered of farewells, slowly breaking away from his warmth and arms she'd straighten up. Brushing down the creases of her blouse.

" They're leaving now, as should I otherwise it'll look suspicious. I would hate to give you some sort of reputation. " She murmured slightly and gazed into his dark blue eyes, seemingly loosing herself in them momentarily. Straightening up once again she'd smile briefly before running down the hallway quickly, taking a left and furthermore returning to her quarters.

Atlas has lost himself in thought that he only came back to reality at the sound of her heeled boots echoing in the hall as she walked off, shaking his head out of the daze he smiled, inhaling softly as he ran a hand through his hair.

" My liege, we have word from the war front that the enemy are pushing forward once again. We're going to need to conscript some more of the towns people, I need your permission before I forward the news off to the comman-"

He gazed at the messenger quaking in his boots as he spoke to him with a cold sweat of nervousness. Chuckling he'd send his palm into the back of the young man patting it lightly " No need to be afraid, I don't bite. "

Closing his fists momentarily his nose twitched as he inhaled " do what you must,  those who are eligible above the age of 16 must be conscripted-"

" T-The thing is P-Prince Atlas, royals are needed to be in the lines of war to boost morale and lead alongside the commanders. Since you have finished your training, you are..Well..needed " The boy said swallowing hard, clutching the parchment paper of words that he was told to pass on, gazing up at Atlas with adoration in his eyes, quite clearly this boy saw him as somewhat of a role model.

With a stoic face, he nodded with a grimace " Okay I'll prepare myself and ride out with a band of men this weekend." 

With that Atlas stormed down the hallway, his palm reaching up to unbutton one latch on his uniform, turning left down towards Nephenee's room. Knocking on the large oak door with Urgency " Nephenee, I need to spe-"