Chapter 21

On the morning of the helicopter ride, I'd been unable to sleep during the night so I was extremely tired but this wouldn't stop me from having fun. 

It'd been decided by the entire crew and myself that I'd tell all the guys about my decission the next day. I'd give the guys the choice whether or not they'd want me to stay with them to finish the trip or not, I just hoped they'd let me stay. 

Jimin had been looking at me for ten minutes before he cleared his throat. "Eira, what's going on with you?" 

"ChimChim, if I were to tell you that I would take a break from my career, right after this ends, how would you react?" I asked lightly, afraid of what he'd say. 

He sat up quickly. "What? What are you saying?" 

"My contract with the company ends soon and I'm not going to resign, at least not yet." I sighed, sitting up as well. "I've decided that I would take a break. Remember in New Jersey, the night I went out to dinner with my parents?" 

"The picture of you crying? It wasn't about your brother, was it?" When I shook my head, he sighed. "I figured, you know, back then but I didn't say anything, I figured you'd tell us when you were ready." 

"Mhm, you're a good guy, Park Jimin. One day, a girl out there will be very lucky to have you." 

He smiled. "What was it about, though?" 

"I've not done anything for me, in the past. Everything I've ever done since being employed in Korea, I did for the management team or for the fans but not for me. I can't even remember when I just danced because I wanted to. All the times I've danced was because I was forced to. Yoongi and I have agreed that maybe it's time for a hiatus. I just want to know, what would you think?" 

"If it's what's best for you, I'm all for it. If it will make you happy, I am happy but don't do it because you feel as if you have to. Does this not make you happy anymore?" He asked. 

I sighed. "Honestly? Not really, not like it once used to. I still love doing what I do and meeting my fans but lately it doesn't really make me happy anymore, not like it used to in the beginning. Since it started feeling like an obligation, it's also become less fulfilling." 

"Maybe that's because you lost yourself during your years on stage. God knows that the guys and I've had difficulties with that but we had support, you didn't. You've only had your team telling you what to do but you were out there on your own mostly. It's understandable that you have trouble knowing who you are." He said. "Maybe you should take this break as a time to start looking for yourself, it could be a good start?" 

"Yeah, it is." I said. "Legally, my contract ends the day after tomorrow, which means that all the things that the company arranged for me to do, are void. That incudes this trip, from then on, I'm doing this on my own. I'm going to give you all the choice wheter or not you'll let me stay on this trip with you guys or if you'd like it better to continue it on your own." 

"I'd like it better if you'd stay with us. You've become a close friend to us all and I've really enjoyed sharing a room with you." He said. "What will you do after this?" 

"I'm going back to my brother. He offered me a place with him and I know that that is where I'm supposed to go. If I'll have the space and room to look for myself anywhere, it'll be with him." I explained. "I'll still go to public events but overall, I'll take a break from dancing and writing. It was never my intention to write another book anyway but lately I've gotten some inspiration for a new story." 

"A whole new story?" Jimin asked perplexed. "New settings, new characters, new everything?" 

"New everything." I confirmed. "Are you using the bathroom or can I go first?" 

"You can go first." He said, laying down again while mumbling: "A whole new story." 

I laughed. "Yes, Jimin Oppa, a whole new story!" 

An hour later we all stood in front of the resort. Everyone was wearing something red except for Yoongi and Jungkook who both were wearing all black. Tae also had nothing red but at least he wore colours. 

"Can we all just appreciate how good Sul Li looks?" Jin asked. "Look at her, she looks so beautiful." 

I sighed. "What do you need?" 

"Do you have any hand sanitizer left? I've run out of mine." He said, holding out his hand. 

"Wha, you can just ask you know? You don't have to suck up." I complained, giving him my little tube. "Keep it, I got loads more in my suitcase." 

I stepped back in between Jungkook and Yoongi, closing my purse. The former leaned closer to me and mumbled: "Hyung is right, you look amazing." 

I blushed, smoothing down the skirt of my dress. I was wearing a floral dress with a jean jacket and white flats. My hair was in a side braid and my face was void of any make up safe for some mascara. 

"Thanks, you look good as well." I mumbled before leaning closer to Yoongi. "You're really going to regret wearing that later. Both of you." 

They both shrugged. "Meh." 

After getting instructions and doing the 'Bon Voyage' chant, we all piled into the van and were on our way. We took a small walk and then made a wish, all of us together. 

As usual, Namjoon was the wise one among us and said something philospical about a twig he found and that represented us. I had to admit, I was moved by his words. 

After that, we made our way to the helicopter place where the guys would fly. We dropped them off and after that I was free to do what I wanted until that evening when they'd all cook and I'd be the judge. 

It would be a fascinating day. 

.

.

.

.

Picture of her outfit + her hair!