Shifts we can experience

- Mental shifting: Mental shifting takes place when a person's mind reverts to their animal form. He or she begins to feel like the animal and react like the animal. (Yipping, howling, growling, whining, etc) The senses are often heightened with this shift as well as many others.

- Phantom shifting: Phantom shifting occurs when the person begins to see or feel limbs of their inner animal. (they may see a tail on their body, or feel like their hands are paws). Again, only they are able to see the phantom limbs, others may sense the phantom limbs. Most people think that this is an actual physical shift because it gets that good.

- Dream shifting: Dream shifting occurs when the inner animal stimulates the brain while a person is sleeping and allows them to become their inner animal in their dreams.

- Cameo shifting: A type of shift where the person may experience the shifts of another animal that isn't their own theriotype or otherkintype. These can last or occur any number of times, anywhere from once to quite a few times. This varies from person to person however.

- Aura shifting: Aura shifting occurs when the auric field changes to their inner animal, this often happens subconsciously or when provoked. Many believe that your inner animal is always in your aura so therefore you're always giving off your aura. Some notice animals and young children can sometimes see these changes, as with other shifts.

- Physical shifting: When you physically shift into your wolf. Physical shifting takes years of practice to really master it. It is also part science and part magick. Bones break and reform, and skin stretches over. The moon will guide your shift.