Chapter 5

"I told you so, Horan!" Louis exclaimed as he walked through Niall's door.

"What did you tell me?" Niall asked, looking up at him from where he was sitting on the couch.

"That everything would be fine when I left you here with Harry," he said, falling onto the couch next to Niall. "I talked to Harry, actually."

Niall tensed. "About what?" he asked nervously.

"About how you guys had fun, and how he thinks you're so cute and how he'll definitely be back over very soon," Louis said, waggling his eyebrows at Niall.

Niall blushed bright red. "Yeah, it was fun," Niall said.

"What can I say? I'm just a damn good matchmaker," Louis gloated. "You should trust me more often."

Niall snorted and shook his head. He thought maybe he needed to trust Louis a little less. Louis did know where his spare door key was, and he used it frequently. Niall thought that warranted a vast amount of trust in itself, so he chose to ignore Louis.

"So when is he coming over?" Louis asked.

"I don't know, Lou," Niall said. "It's only been, like, three days."

Niall knew, however, that in those three days Harry had searched all over the internet and anywhere else looking for things to spoil Niall with. He was taking this all very seriously, and Niall loved it. Harry called him constantly, asking about how he was or telling him about something he'd bought or asking his opinion about two things he was stuck between. Niall had at first insisted on paying for things, but as it turned out, Harry's entire family was rich, like really rich, and that included Harry. Harry had assured Niall over and over again that he wanted to do this for Niall and spoil him and buy him things to make their arrangement the best it could be, but Niall still felt weird letting him take care of everything financially.

Like clockwork, Niall's phone was buzzing on the table in front of them. He quickly grabbed it and answered it seeing that it was Harry before Louis could take it.

"Hello?" Niall said into the phone.

"Hi, love," Harry said cheerfully.

"Hi..." Niall said, looking at Louis.

"Is something wrong?" Harry asked. Usually Niall was talkative and cute on the phone with him.

"No, it's fine. Louis' over right now," Niall said, and Louis raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, okay then," Harry said. "Listen, I have your room all set up in my guest room, and I really want you to see it because I want to know if you like it, yeah?"

Niall smiled. They had decided that since Niall had a one bedroom apartment, they would be doing everything from Harry's place. Niall would eventually move in, but right now they were just testing the waters.

"Okay. When do you want me to come?" Niall asked, and Louis grinned before squealing like a schoolgirl. Niall shushed him and waved him off.

"Anytime you want is fine. I'll be home all day," Harry said.

"Can you come get me?" Niall asked. "I mean... you know, I don't want to be like there and then drive," Niall said awkwardly, hoping that Harry understood.

"Oh, yeah, of course," Harry said. "I'll be there in about fifteen minutes, okay?"

"Sounds good," Niall said before they both hung up.

"So Harry's picking you up? Where are you going? Wait, are you going to his house?" Louis asked without taking a breath.

"Yeah, he's picking me up and we're going to his house for a little while. It's no big deal. But you need to shoo," Niall said, standing up and opening the front door for Louis.