The Man And His Dream.

***

He stood exhilarated and proud of his achievement. At one with nature. The cold moisture from the rocks soaked into his flimsy canvas shoes, though it didn't run far as the warmth of attaining his goal overcame any discomfort he might have felt. A cool gentle breeze caressed his cheeks as if to congratulate him and forcing him to focus his gaze on the view that lay before of him. The sun was starting to set, dipping its feet into the orange coated ocean as if to check it was okay to soon sink its body down into it. Waves swaying back and forth atop the water hypnotising any who may look, grasping their attention and filling their mind with the serene voice of the ocean.

As a child he had stood at the bottom and gawked up towards the warm grey of the rocky cliff which towered above him never knowing whether he would accomplish this self dare. Yet now, many years older, he gazes down the jagged path he came from, towards where the young boy would have stood, reminiscing in the memory. His khaki coloured shorts torn slightly from where the rocks had tried to obstruct his path and dream with small, yet at first unnoticeable, scrapes covering his legs with some tracing the patterns of the rips in his clothing.   

The mountain of rock seemed smaller from when he was a child yet the thought of climbing it while he stood at the bottom still set his adrenaline alight, and the years he spent away from this sea-side village, the more the longing feeling grew to conquer it.

As the man remained mounted on the rocks, from what felt like eternity, he breathed in the last sight of dusk before the sun finally fell victim to the night and the waves climbed further to the shore hugging the sand as if to comfort it from the twilight.

***

Author's notes:-  This is so much fun (^^)! Although I get the feeling this chapter started to drift somewhere else from where it started, hmm. Well anyway I hope you liked this and tell me what you thought about it (^^) Till the next one, Thank you!