Chapter 1: Indignation

Hello and welcome back! You asked for a sequel, so here it is! I've already written the first couple of chapters, so there won't be any delay when it comes to posting them. I'm going to try to write more consistently for this book, so updates should be every Saturday.

I just wanted to let you guys know that as opposed to the last book, this one will be MATURE. There is MATURE content in this chapter, as a special treat for those who have been wanting it.

As stated before, this book will also be shorter than the last one, so I apologize. I know what I want to happen, and how it's going to happen, so I can wrap Eric and Crystal's story up.

Thank you for reading!

~Caruscus

-----------------------------------------------------

Parents  come home from work. Their kids rush to the door, grasping at their pants with grubby little hands, eager to be near them. They're excited. They missed them.

Me? I see my mother, whom I believed to be dead for 8 fucking years, standing in front of me and I want to do nothing but run the other way or pass out--and right now it's leaning towards the former.

My mind is being swallowed up inside of a large whirlpool, sucking any flitting thought I might have and spinning it around in a circle so fast I don't have a chance to get it back. My mouth is dry, my tongue being held uncomfortably between my teeth. Tobias's hand holding tightly onto mine the only indication that I'm actually here, that this is actually happening.

The image of my mother in front of me frowns, causing her already strict face to look positively unpleasant.

"Yes, Crystal?"

I don't know if it's a hiccup or a gasp that escapes me, but either way I fall backwards, releasing my grip on Tobias as I fall against the table behind me. He doesn't let go of my hand, turning and giving me his (almost) undivided attention.

"Crys?" He says quietly, looking straight at me, but I can't focus. I can't look at him. My eyes are stuck staring at the woman who gave birth to me.

A hand firmly grasps my chin and physically turns my head, forcing me to look away from my mom.

My mom.

Tears well up in my eyes as I stare, open-mouthed, at my brother. His brown eyes are large and full of concern, mouth set in a grim line. His hand on my face relaxes, sliding down to rest on my shoulder.

"I need you to breathe, okay?"

I stare at him, not knowing what to do. I heard exactly what he said, but I can't seem to make my brain listen right now.

"T-Tobi..." I squeak out, swallowing hard. He nods encouragingly.

"I know, Crys, I know. I need you to stay with me, okay? We need to get through with this, and then we'll talk. I promise." Tobias stands up from his crouched position, reaching down and grasping my hands to pull me to my feet.

"This is an appointed leader of Dauntless?" One of the men standing beside Evelyn mutters unconvincingly, throwing me a dirty look.

Evelyn turns and stomps her heel down on the arch of the man's foot, causing a sickening crack to sound through the room. He doubles over, bending to try and alleviate the pain. She rests a calm hand on his shoulder and watches him pathetically.

"That's my daughter you're talking about."

Just kidding--I'm actually going to pass out.

"You are not my mother," I seethe, stumbling against Tobias as I stand back to my feet.