Epilogue

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT'S BEEN SO LONG AND I'M SO SORRYYYYYYYYYY

I feel kind of traitorous because I actually started writing another story on AO3 (it's a red dead redemption fic if y'all are interested in that kind of thing) and that's why I haven't posted on here in what feels like forever. This epilogue has been sitting unfinished in my drafts for MONTHS and today I thought 'why not?' So I apologize if this is ooc and not what you guys were looking for.

But this is it. This is the OFFICIAL end of Eric and Crystal's journey. I want to thank each and every one of you for all the encouragement over the past five years. For the votes and comments and support. You're the reason Eric and Crystal lasted as long as they did. Without you they wouldn't exist.

I will write another book, but I don't know what about yet. If you have any suggestions feel free to let me know! One day I'm going to go through the past chapters of both books and delete the authors notes. Who knows when that will actually happen though lol.

But for the last time in this book, thank you. I love you guys.

~Caruscus

-------------------------------------------------------------

One Year and Five Months Later

"Green is a better color."

"I think the blue works nicely, thank you."

Eric rolls his eyes at me. "Whatever. I'm just someone who's going to have to look at all of that everyday."

I give a small laugh, about to tell him that there are more people in this world who will have to look at the walls than just him when a small voice gets our attention.

"Ma! Ma!"

I point my paintbrush at Eric, silently daring him to switch the paints while I'm gone before putting it down on top of the buckets. On my way out Eric smacks me on the ass and I let out a gasp, turning to look at him with a wide mouth as I look down and see the green hand print now on the pocket of my jeans.

"Eric!"

"Better go and check on him before he gets into something he shouldn't." Eric smirks back at me, playing innocent. I purse my lips at him.

"You're dead."

"You'll have to catch me first, babe."

I flip him off as I walk out of the room and down to the kitchen. Six months ago we officially moved into the home that Eric picked out for our family. It took a while to move everything, and with having a newborn as well it wasn't exactly an easy process. Thankfully Grandpa Hendricks, Aunt Tris, Uncle Tobias and many others were there to help us whenever we needed it. From babysitting to moving furniture, they were there for us.

"Ma!"

"What's my little man up to? Huh?" I walk over and pick up Eric and I's son, looking curiously at the round object he's trying his hardest to currently shove in his mouth. He stares at me intently with eyes that he got from his father, his short blond hair falling in his face. I brush it back, feeling the small soft strands on my fingers.

"Ma!" He says enthusiastically, pulling the offending object out and holding it in front of me proudly.

"Huh," I say, holding him on one hip while I inspect what appears to be one of Eric's hairbrushes. Thankfully he had the handle in his mouth, and not the part with the bristles. "Where did you even get this? Did Daddy give you this?"

My son smiles up at me, showing all of his two teeth. He probably was missing his teething ring and just wanted something to gnaw on.

"What was he into this time?" Eric asks, walking out of the room and joining the two of us in the spacious living room. I place our baby back in his play pen, holding Eric's brush out to him. He takes it from me with surprise in his face. "I didn't give him this."