Chapter 17

Forth felt a mild headache throbbed at his temples. Damn this long shitty meetings. From Monday afternoon to this Saturday morning, a series of meeting were tackled at full speed. When people always meeting, when they could do the job? And the result were making his headache throbbed again.

He met several project manager and picked up the type he respected (those who work in silent but get the job done) and the one he tolerated (those who work with their mouth but get the job done because the team were good). Forth checked his watch. It's almost time for the boarding call. He sent a short text to let Jane know that he will drop by as soon as he land.

She already informed him that Beam took his suit already this morning and looked dashingly handsome in it while berated him all the way from Bangkok to Chiang Mai. Via text messages. Being a mother didn't change her habit for one bit. Forth shook his head. His friends were weird but he loved them anyway.

A boarding call made him grabbed his bag and readied his pass. It's time to go home.

=============================

Kit and Phana sat down on the couch while Beam try to tie his bow tie with no avail. They seemed to think it's entertaining while Beam struggled with it.

"Ai Pha, let me see the video once again. It shouldn't be this hard. I'm a medical student, gonna be a doctor but why the hell tying this shit is so hard, dammit!" Beam huffed. He should have buy a clipped on tie on his way home but no.

Beam blindly assumed because Pha usually went to formal gathering with his parents means he could tie the damn thing. But no, that's a scam, because it turned out Pha's mom always tie it for him. Talked about jumping in to conclusion.

It' alredy five to seven and Forth already text him that he's on the way. Thank God the other parts of the wardrobe were normal. Beam had polished his shoes until it's shining. The suit fitted his figure like an expensive body armor (insert 007's theme here) and felt comfortable. He already showered, brushed his teeth and styled his hair. But this small innocent bow tie turned out to be his biggest obstacle. Suddenly his phone vibrated. His date already arrived.

Beam sighed. Ok, whatever happened,  happened. He took his phone, wallet, key and bow tie then looked at Kit and Pha while wearing his shoes. "P'Forth is here, guys. I'll go now and see you tomorrow. Pray for me that the food were good, ok? Bye."

Before they could say a word, Beam were already gone.

=============================

Forth saw Beam power walked toward him. My, this kid looks good enough to eat. Jane didn't lie to him when she said he would salivating. The suit wraped his slim body like a beautiful armor. Sharp, stylish, yet delicate. Beam's white skin looked brighter, contrasting nicely with the black suit jacket. But what's..

"P' Forth, I'm sorry, but could you tie this for me? I've spent minutes trying to do it right but.. let's say it's easier to learn about human digestive system that tiying the knot."

Beam looked irked beyond reason while pointing at the bow tie. He let it slung on his neck like limp seaweed. Forth chuckled and mentioned Beam to walk closer. When Beam stand right in front of him, Forth step forward and reached for it, made their body closer.

This man smelled so good. From where he stand, Beam could see how long Forth's eyelashes were. Suddenly those eyelashes moved up, made their eye contact surprising but not unwelcomed. Two beats passed but none step aside.

PING!

A sound from Forth's pocket felt like fire alarm. Beam's fingers reached for his collar. A perfectly tied bow were there. And his heart beat still trying to slow down. Ok, what was that?

Forth took it out from his pocket, cut off their eye contact. A message from P'Tee that reminded him to be on time. He saw Beam looked back at him. Well, the show must go on then.

"Shall we?" He opened up his palm. And Beam's hand never felt better on his.

                             ***

The banquet tonight is a charity event to collect donation for AIDS preventive measure. When Thailand became the main destination for worldwide traveler, the risk of HIV contamination sky rockets, especially with LGBTQ+ acceptance in the country. Younger generation need everything society could provide for them to stay safe and healthy.

Garudayana, Inc. alongside Red Ribbon, a LGBTQ+ worldwide organisation, upheld this charity in hope to raise more awareness and funds. Forth, being one of the Director and on the way to CEO's chair, were one of the honorary guest. No way in hell Tee will let his beloved pupil & co-founder slinked away from showing his face. Besides, there's no better way to scare the vultures rather than showing off a deadlier bird of prey.

He saw Forth came inside the ballroom, followed by a suit clad youngster. The young man were a pretty boy. Almond shape eyes, light skin tone, high brows and cute nose. He's not as tall as Forth but not short and had slimmer body than he did. Tee sipped his orange juice, watching how Forth acted around his arm candy. And Tee got a nice surprised.

He saw Forth wrapped his arm protectively around the young man waist while he himself manouvered both their bodies towards the guests. Talk about being teritorial. Tee watched how the youngster responding to the situation. He seemed calm, non obstrusive, polite. Charm in whole pretty package. Time to check it out himself.

Tee walked toward the couple, stopping here and there for iddle chats with the guest. He's still the CEO anyway. When he reached them, he heard the last bit of conversation floating in the air.

"..young! Being 20 never happened twice, N'Beam, better enjoy it while it last." Someone gentle laughed were heard. My, he nabbed them really young this time. Forth saw him first and gave him a raised eyebrow which he gave back to Forth. His date gave Forth a glanced before following his gaze. Tee finally could see the full profile. And yes, the young man indeed a beautiful one. He got such a sweet face. Sensing his curiosity, Forth made the introduction.

"N'Beam, allow me the introduction. This is P'Tee, that handful person I talked about all this time. My slaver, my mentor and one of the most stubborn person I knew. P'Tee, my company tonight, Beam."

Beam gave him an amused look while offered his hand. Tee shook it firmly.

"Hello, Naang Tee, my name's Beam. Please allow P'Forth some days off in the future, na. I will really appreciate it if he come back from business trip less cranky."

He smiled mischieviously while gesturing at Forth who groaned lowly. Tee gave away a chortle. Well, at least he got guts.

"No promise about that N'Beam but I'll try my best. Oh, and it's P'Tee. Being called Naang only applied for my employees while you, for one, are not."

Beam nodded at his words. They chatted some more before his PA grabbed him to open the banquet. As the instigator, it's his honor and duty to show how important this banquet for himself and the future generation. His speech moved the audience so much that the applause he got were louder than the polite version. Hopefully the amount of money generated from the banquet will be as massive.

                             ***

Beam clapped really loud. P'Forth's mentor were amazing! It's no wonder how Garudayana, Inc. could be this enourmous in just a decade. Beam watched how pride, affection and determination flashed at Forth's face.

Felt someone were staring at him, Forth turned his head and met Beam's gaze. Beam gave him a broad smile which Forth replied with a very sweet one. That smile made his heart gave away a weird rythm at the moment.

If Beam weren't careful, things could be really confusing in the future.