Homesick - Chapter 4

A Few Weeks Later...

Ferrin laid awake in bed. She couldn't sleep, because she missed her home. She missed drawing in her room, she missed her two best friends, she missed everything about her home. She had been away from it for so long. She knew she accepted Hatty's offer to join him on his adventures but she still felt homesick. Then she remembered Hatty! "Wait, maybe I can go talk to him! He always has something wise to say!" Ferrin said. But then she realized that since she accepted his offer, she might sound stupid for feeling homesick. After much planning and deliberation, she finally decided to go talk to Hatty. "Hopefully he won't hate me for wanting to go home since I accepted his offer." Ferrin said. She looked in the mirror on the vanity to make sure she looked ok. Then she finally opened her cabin door and walked down the hallway to Hatty's cabin, making sure she was quiet so she wouldn't wake the others. She finally reached Hatty's door. "Alright, you can do this, Ferrin. Just tell Hatty you're homesick and he'll help you out with your problem and hopefully not yell at you." Ferrin said to herself. She nervously reached her hand up and knocked on the door quietly, not wanting to wake the others and Hatty if he was asleep. No answer. Ferrin knocked a little louder this time. Still no answer. Ferrin then decided to just peek in the room and see if Hatty was awake or not. She opened the door as quietly as possible and peeked in through the crack. She saw Hatty asleep in his bed. Ferrin breathed a huge sigh of relief, glad that she didn't knock too loudly and wake Hatty up. She then tried to open the door as quietly as possible. She walked in and looked at Hatty. She walked up closer to where she was standing next to him and stared at his sleeping figure. She thought he looked adorable in his sleep. She smiled a little, noticing how peacefully he slept. Then all of a sudden, Hatty started mumbling in his sleep. "Get back here you barbarian... Give back the Princess..." He mumbled. Ferrin silently laughed at this, remembering that morning at the hotel where they stayed at and smiled. "Hatty must be saving the Princesses again!" She thought. After waiting to see if Hatty would do something else, Ferrin finally decided to wake Hatty up. She gently laid her hand on him and tried to shake him. "Hatty." She said quietly. No response. Ferrin shook Hatty more and said his name a little louder. "Hatty!" Still no response. Ferrin shook Hatty harder and said his name again. "Hatty!" Hatty finally stirred awake, and looked at Ferrin. He yawned and smiled at her. "Hey Ferrin! Is there anything you need?" Hatty asked her. Ferrin nervously gripped her arm, and got ready to tell Hatty. "Hatty, I..I'm homesick.." She explained. Hatty had a look of concern on his face. "You're homesick?" He asked her. Ferrin nodded. She was scared of what Hatty would say. Hatty got out from underneath the covers and set them up. He sat on the edge of his bed and patted on a spot next to him, inviting Ferrin to sit down next to him. "Here, sit down next to me!" He offered. Ferrin accepted it and sat down next to Hatty. "So you're homesick?" He asked her. "Yes..." Ferrin said, fearing what Hatty would say. "Do you want me to take you home?" He offered her. Ferrin felt surprised at what Hatty said. "W-what?" She asked. "Do you want me to take you home?" Hatty said again. Ferrin felt a strong urge to not leave Hatty. For some reason, she didn't want to leave him. "Hatty that's really nice of you to offer, but no thanks!" She said. She felt flattered at what Hatty said to her. Hatty understood and nodded. He smiled at her. He then scooted a little closer to her. "Ferrin, let me tell you a story of when I was homesick." He said to her. Ferrin looked at Hatty, waiting patiently to hear. "When I was younger, I used to go to Summer Camp. It was fun there! We roasted marshmallows, went canoeing, just basic camp stuff. I remember being so homesick sometimes. But you know what helped me cope? Talking with my friends! Talking with my friends helped me get along with my surroundings! We even played games like Truth or Dare, hide and seek, just games that kids play." Ferrin smiled at what Hatty said. "You know, that's actually true!" Ferrin replied. Hatty looked at her and smiled. "Oh, is talking to me helping you cope?" Hatty asked. "Yes, of course! You're my best friend, after all!" Ferrin said happily. Hatty blushed and smiled. "Well, I'm glad to hear I'm making you happy!" He replied. Ferrin smiled, she felt so grateful that she had a friend like Hatty. "You know what also helped me? The fact that in the end, I got to go home!" Hatty said. Ferrin giggled at what Hatty said. She looked at him, and hugged him close. Hearing her friend's advice made her feel much better. Hatty hugged back, feeling glad that he made Ferrin feel better. She hugged Hatty close, not wanting to let him go. She breathed in his hot chocolate scent, enjoying it. Hatty hugged Ferrin close as well, not planning to let go anytime soon either. As time went on, Hatty realized that Ferrin fell asleep in his arms. He smiled a little, and carefully picked Ferrin up. "Wow, she fell asleep in my arms.." He thought. "Should I carry her back to her cabin? But what if I wake her up?" He thought. "Maybe I should just let her sleep in my room tonight. Hope I don't wake her up though." Hatty thought. He pulled the covers back, and tucked Ferrin in as gently and carefully as he could. Hatty then got into bed, being careful not to wake Ferrin up. He whispered into her ear, "Goodnight Ferrin. Sweet dreams." Before falling asleep.

Author's Note: Yay! 1 chapter in one day! Hope you guys enjoy this one! I'll see you all in the next chapter! -ILoveMinecraft55