Mystical Gems - Chapter 8

It was yet another bright, sunny day on the S.S Friendship. Hatty was steering the ship as usual. And Ferrin was chatting with Mom, Hatty's other best friend. "What do you think we'll find next?" Mom asked Ferrin. "I don't know?" Ferrin replied. Mom smiled and said, "It's okay!" Ferrin grinned a little. After a few moments of silence, Mom looked at Ferrin and asked, "Well, how are you and Hatty getting along?" Ferrin thought for a moment. "Well, we're both really great friends!" Ferrin said with a grin. Mom smiled back. "Well that's good!" She responded. 

It was at that moment when someone shouted, "LOOK! AN ISLAND!!!" Hatty looked and saw an island in the distance. "Land ho!" He shouted. Ferrin and Mom looked and saw the island. They both felt excited for their next adventure. The ship docked in, and the anchor was lowered. They lowered the board, and everyone crossed it onto the island. "Alright everyone, let's all stick together so we don't get lost!" Hatty announced. "Alright Hatty!" Everyone said. Ferrin walked up beside Hatty and explored with him. "Hello Ferrin!" Hatty greeted her. "Hi Hatty!" Ferrin greeted back. Hatty tried to come up with something to say, but he couldn't come up with anything. So he just walked beside Ferrin. Then she wondered about something. "Hey Hatty?" "Yes?" He asked. "Out of all the adventures you and all of your friends went on, which one has to be your favorite?" "Hmm... Probably when we went on that island made entirely of candy! Let me ask my friends and see what they think!" Hatty turned to all of his friends, so did Ferrin. "Hey, may I have everyone's attention please?" Everyone perked their heads up to look at Hatty and Ferrin. "Okay, so Ferrin here was wondering what your favorite adventure was! Can you all answer that?" Hatty politely asked them. That was one thing Ferrin liked about Hatty. He always included her in every event that happened. She never felt left out. Almost everyone piped up with, "The island made entirely of candy!" Hatty grinned and looked at Ferrin, she smiled back at him. Ferrin loved Hatty's smile. He always looked genuinely happy. He looked back at his friends. "That's my favorite one too!" He said. Everyone cheered. Then they all continued exploring until they stumbled across a cave that had beautiful crystallite gems in it. Everyone pointed out how beautiful they were and admired the gems. Hatty led everyone inside and they stared at all of the crystals. Ferrin was really impressed by them. She walked up to one and stared at it in admiration. Hatty walked up to her and said, "Beautiful, aren't they?" He asked her. "They're georgeous!" Ferrin exclaimed. Hatty then blushed nervously. "But they're not as beautiful as you..!" He muttered. Ferrin turned around to look at Hatty. "What did you just say?" She asked him. "N-nothing!" Hatty said. Ferrin felt curious about what Hatty said, but brushed it off. "Why did I say that?" Hatty wondered to himself, blushing nervously. Everyone continued to admire the beautiful gemstones. Except for Hatty. For the past few weeks, he's been having strange feelings for Ferrin. He felt closer to her than he did for any of his friends. But it didn't feel like friendship to him. He liked her, but it wasn't a normal kind of liking. "I don't know why, but I want to take Ferrin somewhere special, just the two of us. We can just... hang out and talk.." Hatty thought to himself. But no matter how hard he tried, he just couldn't put his finger on it. "Maybe I'll understand it someday!" Hatty said in his thoughts. It was at that moment that someone realized that Hatty hasn't said anything or moved. They alerted Reginald, and he walked up to Hatty. "Hatty? Are you alright?" He asked. Hatty was instantly snapped out of his thoughts. "O-oh! Um, y-yes Reginald?" He asked. "One of your crew members noticed that you haven't moved or said anything for a while. Are you okay?" Reginald asked him. Hatty wiped the sweat from his blocky forehead. "Y-yes! I was just, thinking about other things!" He said. Reginald understood Hatty and nodded. He turned to everyone and told them that Hatty was okay. Hatty turned to look at everyone and asked them, "Are you all ready to go?" Everyone agreed, including Ferrin. They all walked towards Hatty and followed him back to the ship, including Ferrin. When she heard the news that Hatty didn't move or say anything for a while, she got worried about him. She decided to ask him if he was okay. "Hatty? Are you okay..?" She asked him. "Yes! My mind was just focusing on other things!" He said to her. Ferrin felt a little curious. "If you don't mind me asking, what were you thinking about earlier?" Hatty blushed. He instantly felt a little nervous. "I don't wanna lie to Ferrin!" He thought. "I-I was j-just.. thinking a-about you!" He said, awkwardly grinning. Ferrin understood him, and instantly felt relief that Hatty was okay. Then he had an idea! But he felt nervous to say it to Ferrin. "What if she thinks I'm weird? What if she says no? Hmm... I think I'm gonna say it to her tomorrow! I'm going to ask her if we can just hang out and chat! Just the two of us!" He said to himself. Hatty snapped out of his thoughts and looked at Ferrin again. "Well, should we get on the S.S Friendship?" Hatty asked Ferrin. "Yes, please!" Ferrin said. Hatty understood her and carefully walked her up the boardwalk, onto the S.S Friendship. Everyone ate their dinner and went to bed. But not Ferrin. She was laying awake in bed, having the same, conflicted thoughts about Hatty, but she didn't realize that Hatty was having the same thoughts about her. For some reason, she wanted to go to a special place with Hatty and hang out and chat with him. Just the two of them. But just like Hatty, she just couldn't figure out why. "Maybe someday, I'll figure out what these feelings are!" Ferrin thought to herself. She turned off the lantern on her bedside table and fell asleep, peacefully dreaming about Hatty.

But unbeknownst to Ferrin, Hatty Hattington, Reginald, Mom, Rigel, or the rest of the crewmembers, things were about to take a huge turn tomorrow.

A/N: YES!!! ANOTHER CHAPTER COMPLETED!!! I hope you all enjoy reading this chapter! And boy, just wait until you all see what happens in the next chapter! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! >:3c Which is gonna be the final chapter in this story! Anyways, I will see you all in the next chapter!!! Bye!! :) ~ILM55