Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Mr Draco Malfoy

                I am writing to tell you that your place at Hogwarts School of witchcraft and wizardry is still safe, if you would like to return we would be more than happy to welcome you with open arms. Also I would like to inform you that should you return you will be given the title of Head Boy as your grades are remarkably amazing.

                Also on this note I would like to say that I am very sorry for what has occurred. I hope you are coping just fine and also know that we will do whatever we can to help. I know it must be very hard but if you return you will be given support by friends and others. No-body blames you for the death of Professor Dumbledore; we all know you were forced to do so. Also I will make it my responsibility that no harsh words are said.

A new era has begun at Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry; we are now having both Magical world and non-magical events in Hogwarts to help with the after-math of the war. I see this that you would participate in the events setting an understanding and friendship between House rivalries.

Hope to see you soon...

Professor M McGonagall                                                                                                                                                                         Headmaster of Hogwarts Witchcraft and Wizardry School

He placed the letter down on his desk and smiled for the first time in forever. The smile felt strange on his face, he felt as if this was the first real time he could really smile at something and not take it as a joke. ‘Finally’ he though. He got out of his chair and walked out of his small room. Before leaving he stopped, looked around and thought about how his life came to this point. He shook his head trying to clear his mind of those thoughts but knew they would always remain there. He continued towards the door and headed to his mother.

Narcissa Malfoy, mother of Draco Malfoy and widow of Lucius Malfoy, sat in her now famous rocking chair, rocking back and forth with a vacant expression on her face.

“Mother?” Draco called out to her. She didn’t reply as if she was completely ignoring him. He knew she was there but he just wanted to hear her voice once more before something, anything happened. He sighed, walked towards his mother, sat down in front of her and placed a hand on her knee.

“Mother, I have news, Good news, I have been invited back to Hogwarts to complete my final year. You must be wondering like that’s a normal thing” Draco said slowly to his mother caressing her hands. “Not only that Mother, I-I’m a Head Boy” he stuttered slightly. “Do you think I should go back? I mean I want to but what about you I can’t leave you alone and in this state, I could take you back but who would take care of you? And what about the family business, it’s too much to handle. I think we should just carry on with the way life is don’t you think?”

He looked up to his Mother expecting some form of joy appearing on her face. When he saw no sign of movement he sighed. Draco often wondered if his Mother still loved him, he shouldn’t start to think of thoughts like this, but despite all things, he needed someone, the only person he trusts is his Mother, he couldn’t, no, wouldn’t lose faith in her. He looked down at his Mother’s hand that he was holding gently.

Oh how he was thirsty to hear his mother’s voice telling him once that what he was saying was wrong and it would be better if they went back to Scotland and he went back to complete his studies. “Mother, please say something… anything to let me know that you are still there and I don’t have to give up on you?” he pleaded looking up into his mother’s eyes. Those once bright and joyful brown almost black eyes were now empty with no means of being there.