Hearts and Halos // Chapter Twelve

// Ponyboy's Point Of View //

I open my eyes slowly, blinking a few times before sitting up and running my eyes. Soda comes into my room a few minutes later and looks at me.

"How'd you sleep Ponyboy? It seems that Johnny's a cuddler," Soda says.

I look down to see Johnny's arms around my waist and his head rested on my thigh. My face heats up a lot and I look back at Soda.

"I-i slept just fine," I mutter.

"That's good. I just wanted to see if you were awake because it's about 11:00 am," Soda says turning on his heel and leaving the room.

I sigh softly and shake Johnny lightly, wanting for him to wake up. Memories from the previous night were burned into my brain and it kept replaying.

He chuckles again and slides off the counter, wrapping his arms around my waist. My arms stay around his shoulders loosely and he pulls me closer to him.

He hums softly and starts swaying back and forth slowly, resting his chin on my head. I rest my head on his chest and listen to his heart beat, closing my eyes and swaying with him.

I don't know how, but time went by quicker than I thought... I glance at the clock, my eyes widened and I pull away from quickly.

11: 59 pm!

Johnny looks at the clock and I see him squirm around excitedly, him turning to look at me. He quickly kisses my forehead and smiles.

"I'll see you in the morning honey..."

He shifts slightly and unwraps his arms from my waist, sitting up and rubbing his eyes. I smile lightly at him and he looks at me, his eyes half closed.

"Hey Johnny... How are you," I ask hesitantly.

My heart sinks thinking he forgot about last night and about us. He smiles lightly and leans his head on my shoulder, a small smile on his lips.

"What are you smiling about Johnnycake," I ask him.

"Well, the week is up and I get to be here with the gang and my boyfriend again," he whispers.

"Y-you remember?"

"Mhm, and I'm back for good."

I smile widely and press a soft kiss to his temple, wrapping an arm around his waist. He chuckles lightly and sighs softly.

"I missed being able to see the gang and you... Heaven is a good place but without the people you love it gets lonely," he says.

"Was Dally up there?"

"I didn't see him at all but yet I know he's not "down there". He might still be upset and stuff but I don't know."

"So he is still out running around," I ask.

"Uh huh, probably in jail again..."

I smile lightly knowing Dally was still alone somewhere. He scared me sometimes but he was good to have around...

"So Johnny, what do you wanna do?"

"I kinda wanna just be with you and relax. Or we can talk to the gang," he says.

"Yeah, either one is fine."

"Second one it is," he replies.