A Sort Of Bad Month

(A couple months later)
"Today is Ben's birthday!" Mal screamed with excitement. "Yeah I know it's all you two talk about. Well mostly you." Evie replied. "I know but I'm just so happy. He is 17. And soon I will be too."

(Later that day)
"Ben!" Mal yelled. "Hey Mal." "Happy birthday!" She said giving him a big hug. "Thanks." He replied and went to kiss her. "Yo man happy bday!" Someone called walking to them before they could kiss. He put his arm around his shoulder. "Hey Jay." Ben said putting his arm around Jay's shoulder. "Who's this?" Jay asked staring at Mal with a smirk. "This is my girlfriend Mal. "Nice to meet you." Mal said. "You too." Jay replied and turned away. "What up man?" Another guy said. "Hey Carlos." Ben said and high fived him. "Happy birthday." He said. "Thanks man." "So Ben when's the party?" Jay asked. "Later tonight." Ben answered. "Cool see ya tonight." Jay said and him and Carlos left. "So there's a party tonight?" "Yep. My parents always throw parties for my birthdays." "Do they usually stay?" "No don't worry you don't have to meet them yet." "Okay." She said and sighed with relief. "Haha." "What?" "You're nervous to meet my parents." "No I'm not!" "Okay then let's go introduce you to them now." "No!" "Why?" "Because I don't want to right now." "Oh okay sure." Ben said with a smirk. "I don't!" "Okay it's okay babe." He replied and grabbed her hand. She rested her head on his shoulder. "So should I leave you two alone?" Evie asked awkwardly. "What?! No! E you're fine! Stay." "No I'm gonna go. Oh and happy birthday again Ben." "Thanks Evie." He replied with a wave. "I feel bad for E." "Why?" Ben asked. "Because I feel like she thought she was being excluded." "I'm sure she's fine. And besides we'll see her at the party and can hang with her there." "I guess you're right." "Now let's just focus on spending time together before the party." Ben said then went to kiss Mal. "Hey man!" Chad yelled and walked up to them and put his arm around Ben before they could kiss. "Hey Chad." Ben replied annoyed. "Happy birthday." "Yeah thanks." Ben replied. "Everything alright?" Chad asked. "Yeah but I wanna spend some time alone with Mal before the party." "Oh I'm sorry I'll leave." "Thanks." Ben said and gave Chad a pat on the back. "Well glad that's over. Now some alone time." "Nope scratch that. I gotta go get something." Mal said. "What? What about our alone time?" Ben asked confused. "See ya at the party." Mal said and gave him a wave and left.

(Back at Mal and Evie's dorm)
"Hey." Mal said when she walked in. "Hey." Evie replied brushing her hairs. "So wanna come with me to the store?" "Why?" "To get Ben presents." "Oh yeah sure." "Okay. I just need to fix my hair." "So when's the party?" "Later tonight. I'm gonna text him and ask when it is." Mal put her hair up in a bun and grabbed her phone and purse. "Ready?" "Yeah. Did you ask Ben?" "Oh yeah hold on." Mal texted Ben. "He said at seven. Let's see it's eleven now so we have a few hours to get ready." "Yeah so let's go."

(Few hours later at the party)
"Happy birthday Ben." People would walk in saying. "Thanks guys." "Hey birthday boy." Mal said as her and Evie walked in. She gave him a hug and handed him his present. "Thanks babe." "Oh here." Evie said handing him her present. "So what's the plan?" Evie asked. "Well we'll party then eat food and open presents." Ben replied. "Oh so like normal parties?" "Yep pretty much." "Well I think it's sounds like a really awesome party." Mal said in a sweet voice." "Thanks babe." Ben said and put his arm around Mal. "You're welcome babe." Mal replied with a sweet smile."

(Later that night)
Mal, Ben, Evie, and others were sitting at their table when a song came on. "Oh my god! I love this song!" Mal and Evie said at the same time. "Haha." They both laughed. "Let's go!" Mal said pulling Evie's arm. "Dude who's that?" Someone asked Ben. "Which one?" "The blue haired one." "Oh that's Evie, and the other one is my girlfriend Mal." "Oh cool. Do you think you can introduce us?" "Why you like her?" Ben asked with a smirk. "Maybe." He replied shy. "Well yeah just wait till they come back. After the song was over Mal and Evie walked back to the table. "Hey Evie saw your dance moves. You're a pretty great dancer." Chad said why thank you Chad." "Anytime babe." He replied and put his arm around her waist. "Wait! Babe?!" Mal said confused. "Yeah well a couple months ago when we went to that fair when me and Chad met we would secretly hang out and then he asked me out and now we're dating. Sorry I didn't tell you Mal." "It's fine I just wish you did tell me." "I know." "Well congrats dude." Ben said and gave Chad a pat on the shoulder. "Thanks man that means a lot coming from you." Chad replied. "Whatever man." Ben said with a little chuckle. "Oh I love this song too! Let's go!" Evie said pulling Chad and Mal. "Ben come on." Mal said letting go of Evie's hand. "Hold on babe I'll be there in a sec." "Okay." Mal replied mopey. "Hey Doug look I'm sorry I didn't know she was with Chad." "It's fine. Maybe if they brake up I'll have a chance." "Maybe. Anyways I gonna go over to Mal. Wanna come?" "Nah I'm fine." "Alright man." Ben left and walked to Mal. He put his hands around her waist and she put her hands around his neck. "I..." Ben was about to say but then there was a announcement. "We are all here to celebrate Prince Ben's 17th birthday. So how about we have someone come up here and say some things about him." The announcer said. "I'll do it!" Mal said raising her hand in the air. "Okay great we got someone. Mal walked up there and took the microphone. "Ben. Where to start? Oh got it! Ben when I first saw you I thought you were the most handsome guy in the world and I thought that you would never want to be with me. But here we are at your birthday party and me as your girlfriend. I am so happy that your my boyfriend and that we met. So happy birthday babe!" Everyone started clapping and everyone yelled happy birthday to Ben. "THANK YOU!" Ben yelled so everyone could here him. "Mal I have to tell you something." "Yeah?" "Now it's time for food! Please take a seat at your table as they bring food over. Mal sat next to Ben and grabbed his hand from under the table. He looked over and they both smiled at each other. Evie looked over at them upset then turned away to face Chad.