Chris Beck: Us

"What are we?"

Warning:
– Extremely short.

It was the literal hell week for me. Exams were scattered all over; tests were here and there. I really hate the fact that there is a really big percentage that I am going to most likely fail half of them. As you can see, I didn't want to be in this situation, it is more like this instance chose me. For some reason, whenever I am going to study, someone will just come over and distract me. It wasn't just my friends, but also just literal strangers who would just walk by. I hate it, and all that I want is to pass everything. I just want this to end.

I walked out of the building exhausted. I did not know where else to review, wherever I go to a place, there would be at least one annoying person who will try to take away my attention from my study materials. I sighed in complete defeat, accepting the fact that I am going to fail miserably. I continued my little trail until I saw my good friend, Chris Beck. I walked a bit more faster to catch up with his pace.

"Chris!" I called out just loud enough for him to hear me.

He turned around to face me, revealing his dashing good looks and award winning killer smile. This man who stood in front of me is someone very intelligent, caring, loyal, and passionate on everything he does. Chris is someone who could be a role model to others. If I were a normal citizen who doesn't know him, I would definitely want to be sick everyday in order for me just to see him daily. Well, that is when he finally gets to be the doctor he wants to be. I have got to admit that he is my type; his looks and personality combined.

"Y/N!" He grinned. "What's up?"

"I'm just very exhausted." I sighed. "I didn't get any sleep, and I don't have a good place to study without any distraction."

"Let's go to my place then." He grabbed my wrist. "Brad won't be back until eight."

I quickly nodded, without thinking twice about the offer. I just wanted to study for my tests, and finally I have to opportunity to do so. Plus, if I need any help he'll be there to guide me. With that, I may have a stronger chance on passing this. That is if I successfully take my attention away from Chris after he gives me a little lecture. I mean, I just can't help but stare at him whenever we're around each other. I just need help from someone who can reverse my feelings for this dude who will go to NASA right after he graduates.

As soon as we reached his dorm, I settled myself down on his bed. He didn't really decorate his space with random things unlike what Brad did to his part. His walls were clean and free of any posters, the only thing hanging from his them is this gigantic half bulletin board and half whiteboard. He basically has his schedule, things to do, and little pictures of us pinned or sticked there.

He stayed beside me, leaving little to no space between us. Despite years of being good friends, we had never been this close to each other. We've kissed a few times, but we swore never to speak about those days ever again. The two of us have done bizarre things together that neither of us regret; however, I don't really know if we passed the friendship stage already or not.

As those thoughts invaded my mind thoroughly, it made me even more bothered. I looked at the person beside me, and I caught him staring down at me. My Y/E/C eyes met his ocean blue ones. They were as striking as they were when I first stared at them this way. We both leaned in towards each other until our lips touched, yet instead of pushing my lips onto his, I stopped myself and pulled away immediately.

"Chris," I looked at him through his soul. "What are we?"

"Friends." He answered sternly. "Why?"

"I thought that there was an us." I stated honestly, not trying to conceal my thoughts.

"There was never an us." He looked at me. "There will never be an us rather. I— I already have a girlfriend Y/N."

My eyes started to well up with tears; buckets of them will come out of my ducts. I cannot believe that I fell and did these things with him, a man who has a relationship with someone else. I felt like I was the third party whom no one wanted to be anywhere at this world. I looked at him, still keeping my little strong persona.

"How long were you two dating?" I asked keeping my tears stay up in my eyes.

"Three years now." He confessed.

My heart shattered into a million pieces. I was the literal mistress in this situation. He had never told me about this relationship of his until now. I did not know whether I am furious or broken right now. However, there was this thing inside me that is keeping me far from bursting into flames in front of him. I quickly stood up from where I sat, and gathered everything that I owned.

"Y/N," he held my arm. "I can explain. She may be my girlfriend, but I never took her here. You are spe—"

"Christopher," I shook myself out of his grip. "Cut the crap, I don't want to hear what your alibi is. If you love me, then thank you. If you don't, I'm fine with it either. Before I walk out of this room I would just like to thank you for all the memories we've made together. I just hope that you won't play another girl like how you made me believe that you actually liked me back. I just want you to know that nobody dreams of being the other woman, the mistress."

I was about to exit his room, but I remembered him winning an award last week. I halted and turned around, "Congratulations on your Norma Bailey Berniker Prize, by the way. Goodbye."

As soon as I wrapped that little speech up, I stormed out of his space. I did not care about the weird stares I received whilst making my way to my dorm. I jogged towards my housing building as fast as I could. By the moment I got in, I cried my entire soul out. My roommate, who also happened to be a good friend of mine rushed towards me, and asked me what happened. Not a single word dropped out of my lips. I was just crying and screaming. All I wanted was to focus, but now I am more distracted than I ever was. It was not just the doom of my academic life. This is the abyss of my whole life.

This is one sad ending, but yay for the imagine. Well yeah, this is rubbish lol.

Anyways, I honestly got so excited upon writing this imagine! I mean, Seb's character Chris Beck studied in Yale University, and then Nathan Chen, a figure skater (aka the quad king), will attend the same school too.

– Chelle