Bucky Barnes: The Edge

"I should be the one telling you that."

Warning:
– Infinity War spoilers.
– I somewhat modified the movie for this imagine.
– I did not proofread it yet.

A war is coming, and it is an invincible event. It won't stop anytime soon, probably even before we spend quality time with the one's that we missed. The best thing everyone can do right now is to brace themselves, and prepare for the worse. Nothing will stop this guy named Thanos from coming here. It's like he has a thing for the Infinity Stones. Bruce, or the Hulk perhaps, have fought the said titan. He warned us that he was on his way to this very planet.

I had never reunited with the love of my life since the issue about the Sokovia Accords happened. I stayed by the side of Steve Rogers and his team, knowing that I have a slightly better chance on meeting Bucky once more. Even just one last time. Though this is not the way I expected to meet him again, I was still pumped about this moment. I might be the happiest one inside the quinjet even though everyone (including myself) are worried for Vision's safety, for he has the mind stone literally attached to his forehead.

I stood beside Bruce as we exited the quinjet. I didn't really mind how Steve interacted with T'challa, I was trying to contain my laughter when Bruce bowed as sign of respect to the king standing in front of him. I bursted out of laughter when I knew that tears of joy were already filling my eyes, which means that I cannot contain it anymore.

"A semi stable 100 year old man." I heard Bucky's voice flow through my ears.

My heart pounded like it wanted to escape my chest. His voice was like music to me. I swiftly moved my head towards him, and I rapidly ran to jump into the arms that I had been longing for. Our lips crashed as soon as I got into his grip. I had been craving to be with him for the longest time now. I felt sparks and fireworks go through my veins as if I went back to my teenage years. As silly as it may sound, that is how I exactly felt.

"Get a room you two!" Sam chuckled at our background.

"So, Y/N and Bucky are a thing now?" Bruce asked clueless.

"Oh no, they are just a fling." Rhodes laughed as most walked inside the building.

I jumped off his arms, and stood beside him. We didn't really talk much, for we were guarding the palace. Being a good and close cousin of Hawkeye, I am also a good archer and one highly skilled SHIELD agent. I am still the black sheep of the group though; however, it didn't really bother me anymore ever since I became Bucky's best girl. He made me feel special in a way that I feel like I'm the prettiest woman in the galaxy whenever I am with him.

We formed into a little circle with our bodies facing out, a good tactic for us to observe every angle, three hundred sixty degrees, up and down. Sam warned Steve and the others as we noticed a spaceship crash outside the protective dome of Wakanda. I turned around to see Bucky with his gaze up at the sky. He was expressing how he loved this place so much. Not too long, King T'challa ordered us and the other soldiers to go to an open field, and for us to prepare for the battle.

All of us ran to the field and rode floating land vehicles to get to the battle area faster; everyone except for Bruce. Since the Hulk don't want to come out of him, they let him use the Hulkbuster suit. I prepared my bow, arrows, guns, and knives as I felt an arm wrap through my shoulders. I looked at Bucky with a small smile plastered on his face.

"Take care out there." He said as I leaned my head towards his shoulder.

"I should be the one telling you that." I sighed. "I love you."