Chapter Three

Ok so this chapter  gives an insight into Ashleighn actually playing football. So please do vote, and comment with your opinions on what you think, as i could really do with them and all your opinions matter, as if you don't like it, then i will change it.

Also quick question, do you think the whole story should be written in the past and present tense?

 Love

Blue-Eclipse

(UN-EDITED)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Chapter Three

It is a gloomy Saturday morning. The sun hasn’t quite yet peeped its head through the dull, grey clouds that cover the sky. There is a slight morning breeze blowing across the field from the trees surrounding the edges of the park, plus small raindrops fall from the heavens above.

 It’s just nine forty-five, and Ashleighn’s ready to play the game. Her hair is tied tightly back into a ponytail, as well as a head band to pin back any loose strands of hair. She’s dressed in her usual Saturday morning clothes: her red with her knee high sock, followed by her red shirt with the number ten printed on the back. Un-like the other girls who stand with her around the side lines, she isn’t wearing her black and white zip-up jacket, that she gave to Jamie.

 Her coach, Mr Jones, is giving the team their usual team talk, telling them who was starting, where they will play, and what he expects from the game. Most times he just wants them to play at their best, not wanting to apply pressure on them, as many of the girls does that themselves, but the one thing that he does want from them, is a win.

 For the past three years they’ve won the league, but never have they won every game. Most years they only lose about two games and draw two. But this year they are going for a win every time, it’s like an Olympian aiming for gold, and only the gold medal.

 “Ashleighn” Jones says pointing at the whiteboard he has in front of him.

 “Coach,” she replies showing she’s paying attention to what he’s saying.

 “You’ll be playing centre forward with Hanna playing just behind you” he tells each of us whilst pointing at the board showing us where about we’ll be expected to play on the pitch.

 Centre forwards always Ashleighn’s position; no one else’s, no one else can take that from her, and besides, they need her. They need her pace to take the ball from the half way line and run down to the opposition’s goal and score. They need her ability to keep the ball in tight situations and her tight ball control. They need her composer to remain calm under pressure, and her movement to get into a space. Everything she knows and is capable of doing, they need in their team.

 Some people will probably tell you that it’s a one-man team, but it isn’t. Each player is just as important as the other, and put as much effort in as everyone else. Without Chloe, their holding mid-filed player, they’d never be able to play the ball from the defence and to Ashleighn with no interceptions. And if it weren’t for Hanna playing just behind Ashleighn, she’d never have someone to pass to when she makes one of her counter attacks. So they need her, just as much as she needs them.

 Over on the side lines, Ashleighn can see her brother Jamie, standing all alone. Usually Rachel will be standing there with him, but today she is out up the city with Luke, meaning she isn’t able to watch.

 Ashleighn doesn’t mind too much though that Rachel isn’t there, for she is pleased that Rachel is finally going out with Luke. For she can no longer stand watching her best friend flirting with the other guys just to make him jealous. The only thing she hopes for is that she doesn’t change her mind and want someone else.