Twenty Six

"It's been two days officer, have you found anything that can lead to her?" He sounded frustrated.

He listened carefully at what the officer was telling him only to get more disappointed. He threw the phone on the couch in frustration.

"Sweetheart, is there any news? "

He huffed in frustration and faced his wife.

"No, there's nothing."

Mrs Brooklyn slumped down on the couch and began sobbing softly. She then put her hands over her face and cried louder.

" Please don't worry, we're going to find her. "He said but he wasn't so sure about it himself.

He came to sit next to her and held her, to assure her that things would be alright. But he was also afraid of what would happen to her. Internally, he cursed himself for letting her daughter go alone to school. If only he had driven her to school, nothing of that sort would have happened.
He would make that man pay for taking away his daughter. He would surely make sure he pays very painfully for it. He was very sure that he was the one who took her.

He looked at his wife who was crying loudly by now.

"How can you say that, knowing very well she's nowhere to be found? "She asked sobbing again.
He hugged her and rested his chin on her head.
" I know but don't worry, I'll find her with the help of the police. "

With that, his wife seemed to be calm just for a bit. He wanted to assure her that things would be alright no matter how hard they seemed to be.

He went upstairs to the bedroom and banged the door behind him. He was very frustrated not knowing her princess is and he just hoped that she would be okay. Only one person came to his mind and he was sure he was the one who took her.

He grabbed his phone and called David.
He talked to him and asked him to hurry up with his investigation and that he wanted his daughter very soon.

He laid on bed, his eyes on the ceiling just thinking about his daughter. It was almost dinner and therefore he went to the dining room. Although he didn't feel like eating at all, but he knew if he didn't show up at the dining table, his wife would nag him until he gave in.

"Patty, please stop crying. She's going to come home safely. "He said as soon as he was downstairs, when he found his wife crying again.

He held her again and patted her head. This time, she stopped crying and looked at her husband.

"I really hope so."

Madelin came rushing into the room with a phone in hand.
"Sir, this is for you."She said holding out the phone for Tansey's father to take.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for the late update but my life has been so busy.
But then again, here is the update you've been waiting for!

Well, who do you think is calling?

Remember to vote, comment and share.