6.

I took a break, but I'm back now. 

Just a short filler chapter.

--

(Y/N)'s POV

"I.. I'm your what?" I asked in a confused tone. "Your mate? How is this possible I'm not a wolf!" 

"I-It's unlikely, but possible for wolves to be mated to humans too.. But there's always a choice of rejection." Eren murmured. "Are you going to reject me?"

I thought about it for a second, placing my hand on my head, closing my eyes. "What happens when a wolf gets rejected by their mate?"

"I guess they get marked a mate-less wolf." Eren shrugged, looking unsure. "So.. Are you? I-It's fine if you do, I know it's not normal for things like this to happen a-"

"Eren." I interrupted him, now looking at him. His ears were pressed to his head with a small frown on his face. "I'm not rejecting you okay? I'm just confused.."

"So you accept me?" Eren's mood suddenly changed as a hopeful look placed itself on his face. I blinked at him. "Yeah I guess."

"Yay!" Suddenly I was tackled onto the ground. "I can't wait to tell my dad! I'm going to prove him wrong and be the best Alpha the pack has ever had an- Holy crap I am so sorry." Eren moved back a bit and helped me off the ground. "It's fine you just got excited." I laughed lightly. "But uh.. This would get some getting used to. I mean- us.. I don't know anything about you."

"Well let's get to know each other, and I'll go first. My name is Eren Jaeger, first and only son of Grisha Jaeger and the future Alpha after my dad steps down. My favorite color is red, I like hunting in my free time, cuddles, running, and pack howls. My dislikes are cats- They taste horrible.." He added and continued, "I hate human hunters and that's pretty much it. What about you?"

I gave him a brief summary of my likes and dislikes and hobbies, etc. It's still going to take me some time to really accept him, but I guess I'll give it a try. Right now I was fixing myself some dinner since my parents were out again. Eren was by my side, watching my every move. He said hes never seen how humans live their lives up close. 

His head was tilted up slightly as he sniffed the air. I sat down on the couch, waiting for the meat to be finished in the kitchen. Eren followed, tilting his head at the TV. "What is that?"

"It's a TV." I reply. "You can watch movies and stuff on it.." 

Both of us watched TV until I had to get up and get the steak I was making with a side of veggies. Had to stay healthy sometimes. 

As I was eating I felt eyes on me the whole time. I look up from my phone to see Eren staring at me, or more specifically my steak. "Uh.. You want some?" I offered. He bent over to sniff the steak. "It smells good, what is it?"

"It's a steak."

"What's a steak?"

"It's.. A cow?" I answered, not knowing how to explain. Eren's eyes lit up. "Oh wow! I never ate a cow before. Marco told me they were in Zoos but I never saw one in person."

"Well here have it. I'll get you a new for-" Before I could've finished my sentence he picked the steak up with his mouth and used his hands to rip away the piece of meat and started chewing. "Or not.." 

Eren finished the steak under 3 minutes, humming in satisfaction. "Mm, that was great! I never knew human food tasted so good.. Maybe I can give you some wolf food in return."

"And might that be?"

"Squirrels, deers, rabbits, basically anything you would find in the forest."

I cringed a bit. "I don't think you need to bring me wolf food, but thanks." 

Eren turned to look out the window, frowning to see the sky getting darker. "I have to go. I'll be back tomorrow though."

"Okay, sweet. Maybe I'll take you to the Zoo since you've never been there before, how about that?"

"Oh, I can't wait to tell Armin! You should meet him, he's really nice." Eren said as I walked him to the door. He opened the door, letting the cool air in. "Well I'll see you tomorrow." He began to walk down the front steps and towards the woods.

"Wait." I called out before he could go any further. I ran quickly to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. He seemed a bit surprised by the hug, but I didn't care at the moment. "Thank you."

"For what?"

"For y'know, saving me back there.. From that other wolf." 

"Oh.. You're welcome, but really as your mate its my job to keep you from danger. Plus Jean's an idiot." Eren chuckled and hugged me back for a few seconds then be both pulled away. I walked back into my house and locked the door, doing my daily routine of showering and brushing my teeth.

As soon as I laid my head down on the pillows, distant howls could be heard.