15.

[I really need a team of people to keep me on track with updating. So sorry for the short chapters. I've clearly lost a bit of motivation.]

Somehow the deer seemed to sense our presence, causing it to stop whatever it was doing and look our way. It didn't even take a moment to be curious since it instantly ran away. 'Oh no, it's getting away!' A soft whimper had been heard from my wolf.

I had no idea how I made that noise. 'Come on, now's our chance.' Eren got up from his position, swiftly running after it. I went on to immediately follow beside him, feeling the wind hit my (F/C) fur as I raced after the animal. At this point, I think I was ahead of Eren, but I was too caught up in the moment to turn back and look. 

In an instant, I was on top of the creature channeling my sharp teeth into its cervix, almost directly killing it. I'm sure it died within the next few seconds. Part of me felt bad, but this other side of my felt thrilled and proud of the catch. 'Wow... Good job (Y/N)!'  Eren had finally reached me and gave me an approving lick on the head. I felt my tail wag, 'Thanks... I don't know how I did it but I did.'

'Your wolf instincts are kicking in... The one you were born with.'  That had me thinking for a moment. All this time I've been half-wolf and never once had a wolf instinct. Unless I haven't noticed at all. All I know is that my parents did a good job of keeping this a secret, although I don't know why they did it.

Shortly after the little hunting session, Eren decided to bring the deer back to the pack to feed the others. It wasn't much but at least the pups were fed and the parents got a break from hunting for them that day. We both went back to his den where we would have some privacy to simply hang out without being bothered. I shifted back, stretching. "Wow, that was fun. We should do it again sometime." 

"Uh... (Y/N)-" Eren murmured from behind me which seized my attention. I noticed he seemed a bit flustered as well. "What is it Eren?" I stepped up to him, querying if something was wrong. He was never this quiet unless something bothered him from what I've gathered. He didn't say anything in response. Instead, he wrapped his arms around me into a hug. "Uhm..." Even though I was confused, I still hugged him back. "Is everything alright?"

"Everything is perfect." His grip seemed to get tighter than it already was. Before I said anything else he pulled away with a slight smile. "We should get you home, it's getting dark." 

"Yeah." I nodded as I watched him grab my hand and led me out the den. The walk home was a bit long but I think it was because we were walking way too slow. I didn't mind though, we just got to spend more time together. A part of me is falling for this man way too hard. Even though I originally said I wanted to take it slow, there's no doubt at the back of my mind that I want to spend every second with him and do a lot more.

By the time we reached my house, it was already dark outside with the sound of crickets and other nightly creatures around. "So... I'll see you later?" Eren watched as I opened my front door. I nodded, "Definitely." 

We stared at each other for a moment, waiting for each other to do or say something. He looked like he was having a battle with himself inside his head. "Ere-" Before I even finished his name, I was interrupted by a pair of lips on mine. I would be lying if I said my heart didn't explode at the moment. Yeah, we kissed once before but everything he did to me felt special now. Especially when he pulled away and basically nuzzled his face into my neck when he pulled me into another hug. 

"What're you doing?" I giggled lightly since I felt a bit ticklish at the feeling. "Just spreading my scent all over you. Just in case." He moved away, "Goodnight (Y/N)." And just like that, he had shifted back into his wolf form, walking back over to the woods.