9.

remember to comment and vote!

(unedited)

It dawned on me that I may be turning into a wolf. Yesterday, that was all that was on my mind. Then I thought that I was being silly, and maybe I'm actually just coming down with a small fever. Yeah, that has to be it. If anyone could turn into a wolf with a simple scratch by them then werewolves would be pretty common, right? 

I decided to get out of bed to start my day, because I knew if I stayed in bed any longer I wouldn't be getting out anytime soon. When I entered the bathroom, I was wiping my eyes, hoping to get rid of the tiredness. A yawn slipped past my lips and I looked in the mirror. 

"Oh my god!" I screeched when I saw my reflection, putting my hands over the two furry ears that popped out my head. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. "You're just paranoid (Y/N)... Calm down."

I open my eyes again and lifted my hands to see the ears gone. They vanished like they were never there. Maybe they weren't ever there. Maybe I'm just imagining impossible scenarios that would happen to me.

I took my shower and did my morning routine before stepping out my room, fully dressed. I went downstairs into the kitchen for breakfast, but I was surprised to see my dad sitting at the table with some other guy. He was pale and had dark raven hair that seemed neatly trimmed. His face was still, and showed no emotion, matching the mood of his grayish blue eyes. 

My dad looked over, noticing my presence. "Good morning (Y/N). Sleep well?" 

"Yeah.." I nodded slowly, feeling weird about this man's presence. It didn't feel right. 

"This is Levi Ackerman, a partner of the business I'm working for." My dad introduced me. I waved slightly. "Nice to meet you Mr. Ackerman.. I'll just head out now." I backed up quickly and walked out the house, not feeling hungry for breakfast anymore. 

When I was outside, I looked over to the woods. There was nothing there through. Not that I expected Eren to be there though. I'm still trying to wrap my head around this 'mate' thing. It's not everyday someone gets attacked by a wolf and saved by their so called 'mate'. It was my choice to give him a chance though. Plus, rejection seems sad for a wolf. Just going the rest of your life without the one you were destined to be with.. Kinda how I imagined my life to be. Wow that got depressing real quick. 

I let out a short breath, putting my hands in the pockets of my jacket I had on and walked towards the bookstore. I don't really have anyone to hang out with. I've been here for months and I still haven't bothered to really talk to anyone, not that I cared anyway. 

After being stuck in my thoughts, I realized that I've reached the bookstore already. I walked in, taking in the cozy feeling of the building. There sitting at one of the tables, was Marco himself. 

"Hey Marco." I greeted casually and sat down. He looked a bit surprised. "Hey (Y/N), how're you doing?" 

"Well I got attacked by a wolf and found out I was a wolf's mate and broke wolves out of the zoo. So far my life here has been nothing but.. Wolves." 

"Yeah.. Sorry about that. Jean didn't mean to attack you." He apologized. Ah, so Jean was that wolf. I remember Marco saying something about his boyfriend's name being Jean. Wait a minute.. "You said your boyfriend's name was Jean.. So Jean was that wolf?"