Azog the Defiler

(Orcish is underlined)

Thorin glared at his daughter, who ignored him. She was staring intently at the Pale Orc. He caught sight of her and smirked.

"Leave the girl and him to me," he said, pointing to Lauranna and Thorin. "Kill the others!"

The Wargs jumped on the trees, trying to bite the Company. Lauranna growled at the ones that came too close to her for her comfort. Jaws snapping and claws scraping, the Wargs failed to kill the Company. However, their weight made the trees fall over like dominos. The Company jumped from tree to tree until the last tree standing was on the very edge of the cliff. At the very top, Gandalf stood.

He grabbed a pinecone and lit it on fire. He threw it at the Wargs, starting a wildfire around the tree. He dropped more flaming cones to the Company below him, who starting to throw them. Lauranna had excellent aim and hit Azog in the face. This made him roar in anger, making her laugh at him.

Their victory didn't last long as the tree started to tip over the edge, the roots clinging onto the cliff to hold on. Soon, the tree was horizontal over the abyss below. Ori and Dori slipped and fell, being grabbed by Gandalf's staff. Thorin looked up to see Azog smirking at them.

"Thorin, don't you dare. You can't take on Azog," Lauranna tried to reason.

However, she was merely ignored as the stubborn Dwarf stood and walked off the tree. With a sigh, Lauranna stood up and ran after him, pushing him aside. Azog and his Warg hit the girl, knocking her to the ground. She merely got up and turned to face the Pale Orc.

"You can't win against me, girl," he growled.

"Maybe not. But I can try," Lauranna snapped back.

He charged the girl, who ducked under the blow and cut the Warg in the side. It howled in pain and jumped to the side. Azog turned and slashed at the girl. His blade caught her shoulder, the pain shooting up and down her arm and body. She merely gritted her teeth and fought harder. She managed to dislodge the Pale Orc from his mount. Now fighting on foot, the two went at it as hard as they could. Lauranna wasn't relenting in any way, angering the Orc.

"You think you can defeat me?" Azog snarled.

"I might be able to. You can't seem to kill me now. If you can't kill me while I'm injured, imagine what will happen when I'm at full health and strength," Lauranna shot back, taunting the Orc.

It worked. Azog charged the girl, intending to take her head off. However, she step-sided the blow. Not fast enough, though. The blade's tip left a long cut from her forehead above the left eye and all the way down to the jawline, a jagged cut that spewed blood. Lauranna gasped at the pain that exploded her face, but she pushed it aside as she fought.

Thorin had done nothing but watch as his daughter went up against the Pale Orc. He was surprised and impressed when she held her own. When she got a nasty cut on her face, however, he jumped in and fought back. When he did, Azog's attention turned to him as the white Warg came over. The teeth sunk into Thorin's side, making him cry out.

"Idiot," he heard Lauranna mutter.

He had no clue how Lauranna could bare the pain of anything she now possessed. All her wounds were bleeding, most likely making her weaker by the millisecond. Yet she still fought. He smashed the hilt of his sword into the Warg's snout, making it toss him aside like a rag doll. Battle cries were heard as some members of the Company came running into the fight.

Two minutes later, everyone's attention was distracted by the screeching of eagles. The giant birds swooped in, killing Wargs and Orcs alike. The Company was swept away on the backs or claws of the birds. Thorin and Lauranna were picked up and flown away. The rest of the Company followed not far behind. The last thing Lauranna remembered was seeing the landscape pass by below her.