Beorn

Lauranna was still exhausted from her creating last night, but she hid that as best as she could. She created an exit for the Company as they left the next morning. Kili caught her as she fell unconscious from all of her magic use.

"She will be fine. She just needs to rest. I should've warned her before. I didn't think she'd make all this stuff to protect us," Gandalf muttered.

"I'll carry her," Kili offered.

"You can't carry her the whole time," Fili pointed out.

"I know," Kili said.

For about ten hours, Lauranna was unconscious. Passed from one Dwarf to another to give everyone a break. When the girl was being carried by another other than Fili, Kili, and Thorin, the said three Dwarves kept a close eye on her. Finally, she stirred.

"Put. Me. Down. Now," she demanded.

Dwalin, who was currently carrying her, set her on her feet. She stumbled slightly and looked around. They were in a small clearing, surrounded by rocks on three sides, trees on the other. Bilbo was nowhere to be seen, making Lauranna nervous.

"Where is Father?" she asked.

"Bilbo went to scout ahead," Thorin answered.

"Are you kidding? You do realize the dangers, right?" Lauranna asked.

"I am aware. But he is a Hobbit. He can pass unseen by most," Gandalf interrupted.

"I'm surrounded by idiots," Lauranna muttered.

"Hey!" Kili said, offended.

She glared at him. When Bilbo returned, Lauranna hugged him.

"Glad to see you awake," he said.

"How close is the pack?" Thorin asked before Lauranna could say anything.

"Too close. Couple of leagues. No more. But that's not the worst of it," Bilbo said.

"Have the Wargs picked up our scent?" Dwalin wondered.

"Not yet, but they will. We have another problem," Bilbo told him.

"They saw you? You were seen?" Gandalf asked.

"No."

"What did I say? Quiet as a mouse. Excellent burglar material," Gandalf praised.

As the Dwarves started agreeing, Lauranna saw that Bilbo was trying to say something.

"Shut up, you fools!" she hissed.

"There is something else out there," Bilbo said.

"What form did it take? Like a bear?" Gandalf asked.

"Ye-- Yes. But bigger, much bigger," Bilbo said.

"You knew about this beast?" Bofur asked as Gandalf turned away. "I say we double back."

"And get run down by a pack of Orcs?" Thorin argued.

"There is a house. It's not far from here where we might take refuge," Gandalf interrupted.

"Whose house? Are they friend or foe?" Thorin wondered.

"Neither. He will help us or he will kill us," Gandalf replied.

"Great. When are we not going to be hunted and looking over our shoulders. I actually blame Thorin for this. If he had killed Azog, maybe we wouldn't be in this situation," Lauranna grumbled.