This Is Our Home*

Nathan's POV

So I stayed after school today to finish decorating me and Cory's room. It is 4:30 and Cory should be home any minute now. On cue the I heard the door open. I rushed upstairs to get Cory so I can show him our newly decorated room.

After he finishes eating I grab he's arm and grabbed him to the basement. "I had to skip school to finish it, but I think you're really going to like it." I said as Cory followed me. I switched on the lights. "Consider this a peace offering after all the yelling that we've been doing. I used Marlene Dietrich and Gray Cooper in Morocco as my inspiration. It's a perfect blend of the masculine and the feminine, the muted and the theatrical." I explained the room as he walked around. You can see the shock on his face right now. I really hope it is a good shock and not a bad one.

"Are you freaking insane? I can't live here I'm a dude," he said after a while off not talking, "what the hell is that suppose to be?" He said pointing to the privacy partition. He starts to rub his head in annoyance. "It's a privacy partition. It's all I could find in such short notice. Why are you getting angry about everything? I worked hard on this." I said to him confused. Does he not like it because took me a while find the stuff and set it up. "That's not a privacy partition! Why is it so hard for you to understand? I don't want to get dressed in front of you! Do you know that I put my underwear on in the shower before I come out when you're around?" He yelled at me. It really hurts that he hates something I work on hard to please him. I know that he will never like, but you can t blame me for trying. Tears starts to form in my eyes.

"I just... I don't want to worry about that kind of stuff in my own room, man." He said shaking his hands around his head. "And what kind of stuff are you referring to?" I asked him. He walked up to me. "You know. You know what I'm talking about. Don't play dumb. Why can't you just accept that I'm not like you?" I don't want to accept that he is not gay and that he will never like me back, but I have to. "I have accepted that-" "-no, you haven't." He interrupted me. "You think I don't see the way you stare at me? How flirty you get. You think I don't know why you got so excited that we were going to be moving in together?" He said quietly. I can feel tears rolling down my face.

"It is just a room, Cory! We can redecorate if you want to!" I yelled at him. "Okay, good. Well, then the first thing that needs to go is that faggy lamp," he did not just say that, "and then we to get rid of this faggy couch cover." Cory yelled at me.

"Hey!" My Dad yells as him comes down the stairs. I didn't even hear him. "What did you just call him?" My Dad question as his walked closer to Cory. "No no nothing I didn't call him anything. I was talking to the blanket." Cory said in fear. "You used that word as if you were talking about him." My Dad as he pointing back me. "Relax Dad, I didn't take it way that way." 

"Yeah, that's because you're sixteen and you still assume the best in people. You live a few years, and you start to see the hate in people hearts. Even the best people." He said like he experienced it himself.

"You use the 'N' word?" My Dad asked. "No of course not." Cory answered instantly. "How about 'retard'? You call that nice girl in Cheerios. You call her a retarded?" He said walking up to Cory to the point where they are basically breathing the same air.

"Jane, no. She's my friend. She's got down syndrome. I'd never call her that that's cruel." Cory said stammering. "But you think it's okay to come to my house and say 'faggy'?" My dad sounded like was going to cry. "That's not what I meant-" "-I know what you meant! What, you think I didn't use that word when I was your age? You know, some kid gets clocked in practice. We'd tell him stop being such a fag and shake it off. We meant it the exact way you meant it. That being gay is wrong. That it's done kind of punishable offence. I really thought you were different, Cory. You know, I thought that being in Glee Club and being raised by your mom meant that you were some, you know, new generation of dude who saw things differently. Who kind of just came into the world knowing what is taking me years of struggling to figure out. I guess I was wrong. I'm sorry, Cory but you can't... you can't stay here." I had dozen of tears are running down my face right now.

"Dad." I interjected. "I love your mom. And maybe this is going to cost me her, but my family comes first. I can't have that kind of poison around." My Dad said ignoring me. He turned around and looked at me. "This is our home, Nathan." He turns back around and looked at Cory. "He is my son. Out in the world, you do what you want, but not under my roof." Cory opened his mouth like he was going to say something but just closed it back and left.

"The place looks great." My dad said looking around. He walks up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder. I touch his hand for a while before he let go of my shoulder and left. I sat down on the couch. Just started to think about what just happened and I started to cry.

_-_-_-_-_-End of This Is Our Home_-_-_-_-_-

You guys re-watching that part of the episode actually almost made me cry.

So how do you guys like the Nathan's POV. The next one will be in Brooklyn's and it will start in Glee Club.

I will do two or three more episode of Glee before Brooklyn goes on the field trip.

Until be next time...

Don't forget to vote, comment, and share.