King Sombra's Return

"Have you gave up?" "To say the least, I gave up a long time ago."

Prologue

I stood there alone in the dark. Waiting for something to come and find me. I heard a growling sound from behind me and a chill ran down my spine. Boney-like fingers touched my shoulder from behind and started to scrap down along its side. Pain shot up but a couldn't scream nor could I move.

I was helpless. Then it touched my right leg and kept scratching it and repeating it many times over and over. "How does it feel? Hm?" The voice was right in front of my and it was a very deep voice. "How does it feel to know that your inevitable demise is coming yet you can't do anything to stop it."

That alone woke me up. I sat on my bed staring at my blue ceiling. I sighed since I was bored, so I got out of my bland old bed and walked to my dresser. I pulled out one of the drawers and rummaged through to find some socks. After putting them on, I walked to my door, twisted the knob, and walked out.

I went through my living room and walked to the kitchen area. Not feeling like making a proper breakfast, I found some waffles, put them in the toaster and waited. I got orange juice and had my waffles and sat down on a couch in my living room. By "my" I literally mean "my". It's pretty ironic. I had everything going in the right direction.

Then, my whole world turned against me. Took away all I had. My friends, family, and lastly, my happiness. Now, I'm a total mess. Then, I remembered something. I was supposed to meet a friend at a forest near my house. The bet was still on. I had nearly forgotten about until I noticed the calendar on the coffee table in front of me.

*Sigh* "Well I better get going. No point in being late." I put my shoes on, and started to head out. It was bright , sunny, and very warm out. The house I lived in was at the end of a dead end street. I had a long jog ahead of me. "Ugh why does this bet need to be in a forest. Come on Jake what were you thinking?" My best and only friend Jake stood by me through thick and thin. Sometimes I had reason to believe that he was my brother. Sadly, I have no siblings, nor did my parents, which meant I practically had little family left. Well except for my poor old crazy Grandpa. I visit him now and then to see how he is doing. Unfortunately, he can't seem to remember my name.

"We'll my life sucks", I muttered to myself, "which isn't all that bad. I mean your 13 and have made it this far. Though how much longer will you last?" After what seemed like forever, I stopped at the entrance of the forest and took a peek inside. Staring deep into the tree areas I saw a figure standing there. A familiar figure. One that would play a role I would never forget.

Then, when I blinked it vanished. A confused look spread across my face as I pondered on what just happened. "Well now what do I do while waiting for that slow poke?" My only option was to sit there and wait. For what was to be my demise. [Edit] A.N. -Hey everyone. I know this chapter was kinda crappy as I really didn't know how to start it off and since this is my first fanfic it won't be totally amazing. But it will get better promise. So until the next time have a great time. -Higgy