Chapter 5 The Siege on Canterlot Part 2

Previously on The Siege on Canterlot: Our main protagonist Matt has followed the six pony friends into the massive city known as Canterlot. There they made there way into a room where Twilight Sparkle suspected two Princesses would be. Unfortunately they weren't in the room and they were ambushed by a horde of Changelings, creatures who can shapeshift into anyone and feed off love from others. During the battle Matt, was pushed out a window and plummeted to the bottom falling unconscious. He had a very disturbing dream about his past and woke up only to stumble forward to where the Princesses were. Now we continue where we left off.

I felt my head with my hand and when I looked at it when I put it down, it was covered in blood. "Just great." I was woozy and dizzy for the blood loss most likely and I took note that I should get myself some medical attention. The princesses seemed to notice me and they ran towards me and I stumbled toward and fell only to be caught by magic with a yellow aura seeming to belong to Celestia. Luckily I remembered their names from Twilights story. They mumbled something to each other and then Luna spoke, "are thee okay? You must be the one from Twilights letter. "I am." Celestia looked worried. "Sister we must keep pushing the Changelings back. As for you Matt, why are you here?" How did she know my name? I thought then replied back to Celestia with, "Twilight tried to find you guys by the Elements of Harmony but you weren't there. I told her the rest of what happened but left out my little dream.

"I see. Let us go to Twilight and her friends." "I know that would be good but you two must stay here. I'll go back and tell them that your both okay. You both need to be here to fend off any more Changelings." "Sister he is right. We must stay and.." "I know Luna." Celestia was very gentle with and kind when she had spoken. Luna looked at me with a smile and said, "here take this and go to Twilight. You are capable of the task. Now go." She handed me a metal pole that was perfectly rounded and was dark gray with her magic. I took it and left them to fight the remainder of the horde.

What they all didn't know was that I made myself a promise. To help them through this fight because they helped me out of my dark times. It was up to me now. I ran across the field and felt the grass being crushed underneath my running shoes which were now slightly torn and had some holes in it. As I made my way back to the entrance I looked at the castle trying to spot more Changelings that were coming. It seemed that was the last of them that came. Arriving at the entrance I noticed the doors were open. "That's strange didn't we close you up?" I talked to myself for reassurance that I could do this. I shrugged it off and walked in. The door closed behind me and I turned around in shock. "What the?" I looked up and my eyes widened with terror. The ceiling was pitch black, otherwise crawling with Changelings. "Oh shit!" They fell hundreds by hundreds swarming to the center of the room and piling up on one another. They soon started to form a figure with the legs first then the body. Next a head protruded from the front of the body. A horn grew from that followed by wings on the side.

They formed a giant Changeling. "I would never have seen that one coming." I was surprised on every level. It hissed so loud I covered my ears and still felt my ears ring like crazy. I got myself back into focus and readied the pole in my left hand. [begin boss battle music!] I focused really hard and thought how to take it down. "The creature is large and powerful yes but with support of the legs gone it wouldn't be able to stand. Then I can take good strikes at it and finish it off then I can get back to Twilight." [the more I think about it the more I realize that was kind of a Sherlock Holmes thing that just happened.] I ran towards the massive creature and it swung its front right hoof at me and I jumped on and over it using my arm to propel myself off of the giant Changeling. I went to the back left hoof and swung the pole at the center causing multiple changelings to fall out of it. The massive brute stumbled slightly and the changelings went back into the hoof I struck. "This will be tougher than I thought." It jumped up and started to fly off towards the stairs that would get me to Twilight. It landed right on the stairs and started to charge up a magical shot. Green magic blew right towards me and I slid under it and got up and threw the pole at the front right hoof. It landed in it and stuck itself in there. It charged at me and pounded the left hoof at the the ground with the shockwave blowing me back. It followed up with a swing of the head that hit me directly In the chest. I flew back and skidded on the floor right by the door. I got up and spat out some blood. I wiped my mouth and ran at it.