Chapter 3 Rising Friendships

"So these are your friends?" I had asked Twilight staring intently at them. "Yep." That was the word she spoke. An orange pony walked around Twilight and looked me in the eye sticking out her hoof in a friendly manner. "Howdy partner, the name's Applejack!" I shuck her hoof and replied, "nice to meet you. Name's Matt." She had a slighter lighter shade of orange for her mane and tail. Twilight had moved out of the way for what had turned into a 'meet and greet' sort of deal. This time a mare with a blue-violet mane and tail trotted up to me. "Why hello darling, I'm Rarity." "Hello Rarity." After that, I got a surprise hug from behind that scared me. "What the..?" I started the sentence but the pink pony with a light pink mane and tail had started talking already. Really fast too. Hi my name's Pinkie Pie and I've never seen you so now I have and it's really nice to see you!" "Likewise Pinkie Pie."

This time, a yellow Pegasus with a pink mane and tail had shyly trotted to me and had spoke really softly, "I... I'm Fluttershy." "Well it's nice to meet you Fluttershy." "You heard her", I heard Twilight say confused in the background. "Well ya I guess I did. Why?" "Fluttershy is shy and all that and most of the time she talks rather quiet." "Oh okay then." The last one flew down to the ground and was blue with a rainbow mane and tail. Crazy right? "So new guy you look like the cool and awesome type. I just know we'll be friends! By the way name's Rainbow Dash!" "I get it. Anyways it's good to meet you. All of you. I finally feel like I have friends again." "Whatever do you mean darling", Rarity had said. "It's a long story." "Tell us, tell us, tell us!" Pinkie Pie had shouted from the back of the group.

"Maybe later." It was long and very sad so I wanted to refrain from telling them. They didn't need to know what had happened that fateful day. Then a loud explosion rang in the distance that shook the ground and had lasted for a few seconds. "What in Celestia's name was that?" Twilight sounded nervous as if it had happened somewhere important. "It came from over there!" I pointed in the direction from which smoke was raising into the air. "Oh my." Fluttershy spoke and they all looked to where I had pointed. "It's coming from Canterlot!" Pinkie Pie had shouted and all the other ponies in the immediate vicinity had started to run away and get into their homes. "Girls we must get to the Princess's right away!" Twilight told them with a strict tone of voice. Twilights right y'all. We can't stand here an' do nothing while the Princess's are in trouble." "Applejacks right", Rarity confirmed. "So that means I follow?" I said to them. "Yep your coming", Twilight told me. Wonder what will happen, I thought. Time to find out. "Alright everypony to the train!" We started to run towards the train and we noticed more smoke billowing from what the girls had called "Canterlot". In a few minutes we arrived and the doors swung open to let us in. "Good morning girls and uh sir." "Good morning", I replied. We all sat down in the middle of the train and I was in the back of the group to avoid story telling. The train started to move and we were off to Canterlot.

A.N. So this chapter was short I know. I kinda ran out of things to write before they got onto the train. However the next chapter will be much longer and if all the talking is getting boring there will be action in the upcoming chapters so don't worry. Again thank you to all who have read this and feedback is always appreciated. Until the next time guys! -Higgy