Chapter 26 - Last Chances, No Regrets

Chapter 26
Last Chances, No Regrets

I spent the week alone.

Jenny said she needed time to focus on more important things, instead of Sebastian.

Heather found out and didn't want to hang; she  hasn't talked to anyone in our friend group.

Jacob hasn't bothered to send me a message. The last time I saw him was at Blondies.

Aunt Delilah is too busy getting ready for the ceremony at Forest Park.

And Tucker--he's been in his room, mourning, not bothering to come out.

Nobody cares. Everyone's doing their own thing. I should be okay with this, not give a shit. But I do give a shit. I want everything to be perfect.

I want to talk to my boyfriend. I wanna have my friends back. I want Tucker to make it up to Jenny.

So I have a plan.

***

"Hey asshole, rise and shine." I throw the sheets of Tucker's bed, and he squints at the bright light.

"Leave me alone in my misery, Claire. I don't wanna talk to you," he muttered, then buried his face in the pillows.

"No."

"No?"

"You are gonna get your frickin ass up out of that bed, and you are going to apologize to Heather. You might not care anymore, but she sure does. Heather LOVES you. You made a mistake, so what? It's not the end of the world. I'm sure as hell that if you go knock on her door right now and say sorry she'll kiss you. You gotta realize that when you have a chance, you need to take it. So stop being a fool and get changed; I'm driving you over right now."

My eyes had started to water as I gave Tucker my "speech" and he could tell. The boy looked me straight in the eye and climbed over, gathering me in a hug.

"Thank you," Tucker whispered. Then he kissed me on the cheek and jumped off the bed, running into his bathroom.

"Love you too!" I added, despite the cheesiness. It's time to get this show on the road.

***

I parked in front of Heather's house, and glanced over at Tucker in the passenger seat. He was sweating profusely, and kept rebuttoning his shirt in hopes of making it neater.

"You are fine. You'll be fine." I patted his shoulder, then opened my door and stared outside. It was freezing, despite the fact that it's summer.

"Good luck. Think about what you say." I then waved as Tucker walked up the steps.

Before he could knock, the front door flew open and Heather jumped out with tissues in her hand.

Tucker stared at her intensely, then pulled her in for a kiss. There didn't even need to be words.

"Claire."

Oh god.

I turned around and there was Jacob, leaning against Aunt Delilah's car.

Claire, don't go over there.
GET YOUR ASS OVER THERE.
Don't listen. You aren't ready.
OH HELL YOU'RE READY.

My mind was in a battle as Jacob walked forward, his face suddenly an inch away from mine. I backed away, until I was with my back to the car.

Then Jacob's arms locked me in. I was stuck. No going anywhere now.

"I'm sorry." His hand raised to my cheek and he caressed it.

I hesitated. Is this what I want? Yes. Is this what I need? Yes.

"I should be apologizing," I finally whispered. He frowned, and then his blue eyes filled with lust.

"No. I ignored you. I just wanted to protect Heather, but...I didn't realize that I should've been with you too."

I smiled faintly, and then his lips meet mine. As if they were devouring me, he moved down to my neck.

"I. Love. You." His hot breath met my neck and I felt tingly all over. Then, before moving lower, he bit my earlobe and I gasped.

"I..." I moaned again when he bit my neck softly.

"Love you...oh my," I breathed heavily as Jacob grabbed my thighs, lifting me up, and pushed me against the car.

"I love you too," I finally managed to say after our hips bumped together, causing me to melt in his arms.

He finally smiled. I felt him chuckle, and soon his face was back in sight. We leaned closer, as if we weren't close enough.

"Claire?" He asked softly once I started breathing normally.

"Mhmm?"

"Do you ever regret meeting me? I never intended to tease you so much--I liked you from the moment I saw you, but I thought you didn't like me so I went on defense mode and--"

"Shh." I touched his lips, and he grinned.

"I don't. If I hadn't met you, I doubt I'd still be in St. Louis right now."

"Good." I laughed as his lips met mine again, and we made out till Tucker came back smiling with his girlfriend.

____
Guys, one last chapter left!😭 to think, I've been writing this since last summer (even if I took a huge break in between) and this makes me soooo sad.

Comment
Vote
Share
Whatever u wanna do lol.

Love u guys!

-T