Chapter 27 - Meet Me in Forest Park

Chapter 27
Meet Me in Forest Park

"Do I look good?" I asked Jacob, staring at myself in my mirror. I wore a white sundress, and my hair was naturally curled. A simple necklace, a chain with a green heart, rested upon my chest. A gift from my grandmother.

"Yes, you look amazing." Jacob said from behind me. He then swiftly placed his hands on my waist, kissing my neck softly.

"I never wanted to speak at this--this thing," I mumbled, and Jacob's soft lips stopped moving.

"I love you Claire, you know that?" He licked my skin once.

"Yes," I breathed.

"Then believe me. I couldn't have asked for a better girlfriend. You are BEAUTIFUL!" He yelled the last word and began to tickle me, pulling my body into his.

I stared deeply into Jacob's blue eyes, and he returned my smile with a little grin. Then he picked me up and threw me on my bed, then laid on top of me.

"Can we, pretty pleassse?" He begged with puppy dog eyes. I laughed and sat up, fixing my hair.

"No Jacob. Later, I promise. But it's time to do this."

***

Right when we parked the car in the parking lot, I jumped out and took Jacob's hand, and we ran to the Pagoda Circle. It was in the middle of a lake, with a pathway leading to it.

So many people were there. And they all knew my grandmother some point in their life.

When me and Jacob walked up the steps, we saw Tucker and Heather sitting together, and Jenny was next to them with Sebastian.

I shot her a look of concern. And later I'd find out she wanted to try the long distance with Sebastian to see if they could make it work.

She smiled at me, and I breathed out in relief. Jacob glanced down at me and smiled, causing my heart to melt.

How did I get such amazing friends? And how did I get the summer of my life, when I thought things would end up bad?

"Can I have your attention please? I'd like to welcome you all to the dedication for Adeline Woods." Aunt Delilah began to speak at the podium, and we all turned to her with our attention.

Soon enough she pulled down the sheet covering a statue, and I gasped. I began to cry silently as my grandmothers face was staring at me.

They had carved her beautifully, and placed her stone in a direction facing the sunset. Her favorite spot to bring me.

"And to end things, my niece would like to say a few words."

All eyes turned to me expectantly, and I gulped. Jacob gave me a quick hug, and I squeezed his hand once more.

As I walked up towards the front, Aunt Delilah handed me the microphone.

"You look beautiful, Claire. Your grandmother would've been so proud of you." She smiled at me and I almost cried right then and there.

Then I turned toward the large crowd and inhaled and a quick breath.

It's time to face my one fear of St. Louis. The thing that held me back all along.

"My name is Claire. Adeline was my grandmother, and I never knew a woman like her..."

The end.

___
Guys it's over😭😭
Claire finally faced her whole fear, and here's a little more info.

When Claire was younger she lived in St. Louis. Her grandmother would always take her around, and she was the best person in Claire's life.
She died, and Claire's family was heartbroken. So they moved and Claire forever hated St. Louis.

But now she's faced the reality and she knows her grandmother wouldn't want her to hate the city she loved.

Love u guys! Thank you all so much for the support you've shown me throughout this lonnnng year.

And, a quote from Claire's grandmother for y'all (It's just me lol):

"Don't ever lose that light, Dear. It's yours and yours only."

~ Tera