𝟎𝟐. 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐜𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐲; 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐨𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER TWO
personal search party; part one

YASMINE MCCALL

My eyes were locked on Scott. Someone was approaching him, but because of the darkness, I was not able to see who. Why someone would be roaming the Preserve at night, I did not know. I was just worried about Scott, who was still hanging from the tree by his foot.

My jaw dropped when I saw Chris Argent approaching Scott. He bent down and sighed. "Scott," he stated as my eyes widened.

Well, shit.

"Mr. Argent," Scott greeted back, his arms hanging near his head.

"How are you doing?"

"Good." Scott answered. "You know, just hangin' out." He replied, Stiles looking at me with an amused look because of the bad pun Scott had just used. "Is this one of yours? It's, uh, good. Nice design. Very constricting."

"What are you doing here, Scott?"

After what had happened between Chris, Allison, and Scott, I was very worried that Chris might hurt Scott. He already didn't like Scott and him being out in the Preserve at night was very suspicious. On top of that, I was hoping Chris had not noticed that Allison was not home, because I could not even imagine how pissed he would be if he found out that she was with us.

"Looking for my friend."

"Ah, that's right. Lydia's in your group now, isn't she?" Chris questioned in a way that made me worry about the consequences Lydia would face if the Argents found her first. "Part of the clique? Is that the word you use? Or is there another way to put it? Part of your pack."

My eyes narrowed and I saw Allison biting her lip, probably worried for both her best friend and her boyfriend. The Argents would not let anything get in the way of what they wanted and I was scared what would happen if we got their way.

I saw Scott narrowing his eyes at Chris. "Actually, clique sounds about right to me." My brother retorted, not backing down.

"I hope so. 'Cause I know she's a friend of Allison's, and one special circumstance, such as yourself and your sister - two I can handle. Not three."

Stiles glanced over at me and Allison grabbed ahold of my hand, but I did not pay them any attention as I gulped, my eyes fixated on Scott. I knew I was lucky that Chris Argent had left me alive. Maybe it was the guilt of Kate shooting me that made him walk away that night.

"No."

"Scott, do you know what a hemicorporectomy is?" Chris questioned my brother.

I nodded to Stiles and Allison, who both were looking at me with their eyebrows arched, silently asking me if I knew what it was. I knew what it was but I also knew that Scott had no idea.

"I have a feeling I don't want to." Scott replied, his eyes flicking over to meet my gaze before he glanced back at Chris.

"A medical term for amputating someone at the waist. Cutting them in half. Takes a tremendous amount of strength to cut through tissue and bone like that." Chris explained, raising his hand to illustrate his point to Scott. "Let's hope a demonstration never becomes necessary."