𝟏𝟎. 𝐚 𝐥𝐢𝐳𝐚𝐫𝐝?

CHAPTER TEN
a lizard?

NARRATOR

After making sure Scott was okay, the McCall siblings had gone separate ways. Scott was headed to the animal clinic to see if anything there could help him heal from Derek's excessive use of violence, meanwhile Yasmine had agreed to meet with Stiles at the car workshop to get his beloved Jeep looked at.

Upon arriving there, Stiles informed Yasmine that he had arrived just before her and had turned his car in, so they could take a look at it for him.

"Hey," Stiles hollered as him and Yasmine walked in. The two were walking towards the guy, who had Stiles' Jeep lifted above him, currently working on the car. "Hey!"

Yasmine grimaced and let a small whistle of surprise, once she saw how deep into the jeep the mechanic was. The Sheriff's son had told Yasmine his car only needed a starter but it looked to her as if the dude was working on anything but what was under the hood of the car.

"Wh-What do you think you're doing?" Stiles questioned the mechanic, him and Yasmine dipping under the frame that kept the car up. The mechanic was currently drilling and seemed to ignore the two teenagers as he continued his work, only dressed in a white, dirty top. "All I needed was a starter. Right, Yas?"

Yasmine looked bewildered at Stiles. "Dude, I don't know!"

The mechanic ignored Yasmine's answer. "Yeah, but it looks like your whole exhaust system has gotta be replaced, too."

Stiles rolled his eyes and looked a little annoyed so to say. "Why do I get the feeling that you're slightly overestimating the damage?" He questioned and as a good friend, Yasmine backed up by pointing to him with her brows raised, nodding in agreement.

"It's probably gonna run you around, like, twelve-hundred, parts and labor."

Yasmine gasped. "Are you kidding?"

"This thing doesn't even have a catalytic converter." Stiles objected, staring incredulously at the young mechanic. "And, yes, I know what a catalytic converter is." He assured.

The mechanic finally stopped drilling and looked at the two teenagers, seeming slightly annoyed with the pair. "You know what a limited slip differential is?"

This seemed to have rendered Stiles speechless and he turned to Yasmine, who merely shrugged and muttered a 'you're on your own now, big man' to him before she began staring at the cars around the shop. "No."

"Yeah, could run you like 1500."

Yasmine flashed the blonde mechanic an extremely false smile, grabbing onto Stiles. "Yeah, sure, whatever. Just finish." She dismissed and left him to his thing as he dragged Stiles away.

"I'll be back here seething with impotent rage." He spat angrily, which left Yasmine laughing as she dragged him away from the mechanic.

Yasmine reached to grab onto the handle of the door only to be left with some sort of slim on her hands, suppressing a gag. "That's nasty." She ran her palm along her jeans, attempting to remove whatever had gotten on her hands.

"Quality establishment you're running here." Stiles yelled out to the mechanic before he grabbed onto the handle and pushed open the door. Yasmine walked out first and the boy followed, shutting the door behind. While Yasmine mere took a seat, Stiles' eyes locked onto a picture as he wiped his hand on his red sweater. "Hey, look."

Yasmine raised her head and found Stiles pointing to a single picture frame hanging on the wall behind. Raising a single brow, Yasmine got up and narrowed her eyes at the photo frame. The mechanic was a former student at Beacon Hills High and evidently had been on the lacrosse team back in the day. "Figures," she snorted and sat back down.