Brian May X Reader: How We Met

My best friend, Sam, sent me on a treasure hunt for my birthday. He's making me walk around town to all the special places in our friendship. Like, our old school where we met. The donut shop where I spilled coffee on the cute clerk and then got asked on a date. He came out as gay while we were dating and then started dating Sam. They're still together and very cute. The park where I went on my first date ever. We've been best friends since middle school. He was bullied for being gay and so I stepped up and protected him. I'm in college now. But today is the most special birthday ever. I'm turning 21 so I can legally drink! I'm almost done with the treasure hunt. It leads back to my house. Sam told me. All I have to do is turn the corner and then into my apartment building. Well I still have an elevator ride, but that's against the point. I go on the elevator and push the 5th floor. A man with his hands full sees the door closing and sighs. I put my hand on the door and it opens. "Sorry, sir." He smiles at me. "It's fine. Thank you for holding the door." I smile and look down at my phone. Two missed calls from Sammy. I quickly text him that I'm on the elevator currently. "What floor?" I look at the man. "The fifth. My name is Joey by the way." He looks at the buttons. "I guess we live on the same floor." I smile. "I guess so." I listen to the elevator music and it sounds very familiar. I grin and text Sam.

To: Smy
You know that band that works at the studio? Queen I think it was. The elevator is playing one of their songs. 😂

Fr: Smy
Really? Lol

I put my phone in my back pocket and the elevator stops. I let Joey get off first. "I'm Y/n. Sorry for not telling you." He smiles and walks down the hall. I turn and go the other way towards my apartment. I get to my door and I go to unlock it, but it's already unlocked. I open my door and peek my head into the dark room. I smile and flip the lights on. Sam stands up and yells, "Supreme!" I laugh and hug him. I look around and there are our friends and his co-workers standing around the room. "Thank you, Sam!" I make eye contact with one of the people and I stare at them. My face turns red and Sam nudges me in the side. I quickly look at him. "I saw thaatt." I look down and back at Sam. "Saw what?" He scoffs and crosses his arms. "You were making eyes at Brian. He's part of that band. Queen you think it was." He pokes me on the cheek and I smile. He turns me around and pushes me towards Brian. I walk over to him. "Hi. I-I'm Y/n." He smiles and rubs the back of his neck. "I'm Brian."