Chapter 10

As the days went on the young prince had found himself searching out for a certain raven, no matter the time of day.

Constantly by his side, being called out to and enjoying the attention the other gave.

If the boy were to so much as whine the others name and he'd be there by his side in a split second.

The first word of "Levi" would bring a cloud of smoke from the soles of Levi's shoes as he practically sprinted to the prince.

The days turned into weeks, the more time went on, the more Levi began to see a change in Eren.

The once shy, timid boy many people described him as was turning into a strapping young man.

His lessons were paying off...

Levi found himself staring every time the boy made an entrance.
Whether it be as simple as walking into the dining room to somewhere as grand as a ball.

And Eren liked the stares he received from the older, liked the compliments he got from him.

Many of the nobles heard and spread hushed gossip about the pair...

Speaking of how the light touches the two gave each other was a sign of a pair of lovers.

The way they say next to each other at the dining table, even so far as saving the others seat.

Once, the future queen had tried to sit in the available seat next to her brother she had been scolded thoroughly by the Queen herself.

"That is Levi's chair."

She had told the girl, who was pouting like a little child.

"Mikasa, Levi always sits here. You should know that." Eren replied.

"But I want to sit here."

"...I'd prefer him there than you."

The anger the girl felt for that man was indescribable.

She had declared once she had become Queen she banish Levi from ever entering her kingdom again.

She could see the gazes Eren directed at him, one of a lovers.

It was a plainly obvious fact that Eren was beginning to fall for the thief.