Chapter 14

"...Mikasa..."

The princess looked up at the mention of her name.

"What in hells name are you doing..."

She stayed silent, she had nothing to say, she could not explain herself.

"It was you, all this time!"

The boy screamed.

"Why?!"

The prince raged, grasping her cloak and pulling it into the air along with her.

"You bastard!"

He screamed at her, beating his hands on the wall next to them, punching his doors until his knuckles began to bleed.

Others from the palace had been awoken by the commotion and came out of their chambers to see what was going on.

Levi being one of them split Eren from his frozen sister.

"Eren, what the hells gotten into you, calm down!"

The brunette went limp in his hold at the command, pushed and pulled at the olders hands around his waist and walked back inside of his chambers silently, tears dripping down his cheeks.

Mikasa and Levi stared at one another in shock, knowing they're plan hadn't worked...

~Flash back~

Levi slowly walked through the elegant hallways towards the princess's chambers as she had told him to.

He knocked respectfully, knowing not to piss her off...

"Levi..."

She greeted in a less than friendly manner as soon as his feet stretched past her doors.

"I know it is you who is giving Eren those flowers, stop or I will make it stop."

The man laughed. "Me?"

"I know it is you." She stated confidently.

"...How did you find out?" He crossed his arms tightly.

"I wake up at dawn everyday, I see a man on a black stallion ride into the stables, I've watched him place the rose outside Eren's door. I've been watching you."

Levi listened intently, slightly intimidated by her choice of wording.

He'd used his skills as a thief to help conceal his presence but this girl had caught him...

She was truly dangerous.

"Why are you doing it?" She held a defensive, aggressive tone.

He finally gave in and unfolded his arms.

"...Ok, you may not believe me, you may hate me, you may never accept me, but, I am madly in love with your brother..."

She swallowed thickly, taking in his submissive attitude.

"I do hate you but I know that..."

She paused.

"...he loves you back."

Levi smiled, happy to be reassured Mikasa saw what he did and knew that Eren's attraction to him was not just in his imagination.

"Mikasa, I have a favour to ask of you..."

"...Go on."

"Eren is starting to figure out I am coming to give him the flowers, I need you to be my double, only for a few months, I just don't want him to figure out it's me yet..."

"Why not just ask him if you can court him?"

"I'm trying to be romantic, sending roses is romantic right?"

"...And if he finds out it is me?"

"Then I'll confess how I feel to him... and how my plan of being romantic obviously failed..."

~End of flash back~