Chapter 13

The mysterious figure had come every morning at dawn just to deliver the single red flower...

Eren thought it was a waste of their time, he wandered if what Mikasa said was true, if they had wanted to  give these flowers to him to court him?

One morning, however, he'd had enough of staring out of his windows, hiding behind his doors, listening to the rustle of the paper bag and staring at the red rose laying bare against the white tiled floor.

He'd decided to confront the figure he'd only watched from his window, to know who this person is and to reject their advances...

So, as soon as he heard the familiar boots slamming on the floor, he jumped out of bed, grabbed his night robe from his closet and waited until the person had come close enough for him to be able to see who they were.

The steps became louder, quicker and more prominent as he debated when to pounce through his doors.

He flung the door open absentmindedly and wandered out with a serious face.

The figure froze in place, unable to move an inch.

Eren turned to them, lips in a pout.

"I've been watching you..."

The figure stayed silent, the hood covering most of their face, everything apart from their lips.

"Please stop sending me these roses, I have no interest in being courted at the moment..."

The figure began to fumble with the brown paper bag, opening it and pulling out the familiar flower...the same flower Eren sees every morning...

They stepped one step closer and held it out to the young prince.

The boy did not take the flower from them however, he simply stared at the familiar looking features of the hooded person.

"Why are you doing this..."

He reached a hand out, grazing the persons cheek.

"...is it really you Levi?"

The boy grasped the hood and pulled it back, the last glimmer of hope in his eyes disappeared when his eyes landed on familiar grey eyes.