Chapter 15

A week passed...

The Queen herself had gone into the boys room as soon as she heard his sobs fill the castle halls.

She had stayed by his side until the early hours of the morning.

Mikasa's birthday was the week after and she had managed to Per-suede the young prince to come.

Close family as well as lords and knights were invited to the grand feast in honour of princess Mikasa's birthday.

She would turn 25, the queen invited young men as well as women to try to impress her daughter, pressing her into marriage as soon as possible.

During the ball Eren strode down the same marble steps Levi had first seen him walking down the night of his own birthday.

The boy looked absolutely stunning, people gaped at the pure brunette in jealousy.

The boy made quick eye contact with Levi but looked away as soon as he had been caught.

"Eren-"

Levi called out to him but the boy fled in the opposite direction, seeking coverage from the other, puffy red eyes still noticeable since the morning.

This was the first time Levi had seen the boy out of his chambers, he had outright refused to have breakfast with the royal family.

Levi grasped Eren's wrist and span him around to meet his gaze.

He opened his mouth to speak, to explain himself when the band began to play a soft melody.

The queen raised from her throne and clapped her jewelled hands, gaining the attention of the people.

"The two royal children will now chose a partner to dance with..."

She smirked at the two males clasped hands and waved them across.

"Ah, I see Eren has already chosen!"

Various whispers crept through the crowd.

Having two men embrace each other was extremely uncommon, especially in the royal household.

Levi turned to Mikasa and saw her standing with a young looking man, he had a faint blush spread across his cheeks.

Eren's hand tightened around Levi's when he began to notice the disapproving stares of generals and lords, Levi glared at those who did and they quickly changed their judgmental expressions.

"Eren, may I have this dance?"

The prince blushed, a dark red streak flushed down his neck.

"Yes..."

The closeness of the pair dancing would be a hair widths away from one another, Levi's hand was placed on Eren's hip whilst Eren's hand was on Levi's shoulders.

He squeezed the muscle on his back and laughed lightly.

"How could I not have guessed it was you..."

"You saw me?"

"...the first night, I saw you coming in from the kingdom gates. I never noticed how ripped you were until now." Eren's smirked, teasing lightly.

"The first couple of times it was me, Mikasa took my place shortly after that..."

Eden gave Levi a quizzical look.

"We arranged she would take my place, you would of found out it was me. I didn't want to admit I was being a sap."

The boy chuckled in his arms, swaying along with the music.

They both ignored the stares of the gathering crowd and continued looking at each other.

"...so, why did you send me those roses?" Eren blinked, innocent eyes staring into Levi's grey ones.

Levi smirked, leaning into Eren's cheek, whispering in his ear.

"Because I've fallen for you prince Eren."

He pulled back, noticing the broad smile spread across Eren's face.

"Y-You do?!"

"I do."

"Well, Levi, I suppose that makes our feelings mutual..."

The boy leaned up and placed an innocent kiss upon the olders lips.

Levi kissed back, ignoring the gasps of the watching people.

They pulled back, sighing happily.

Eren's rested the right side of his head on Levi's right shoulder, looking at the horrified crowd.

He smiled at one or two before the music came to a stop.

"Eren..."

Levi cupped the boys cheeks gently, making him look up.

"I love you."

The boy cried aloud, gaining the royal families attention.

Mikasa being furious with Levi afterwards because he had made her younger brother cry.
He reasoned that they were happy tears but she was not happy with that answer.

She quickly forgave him once Eren leaped into Levi's arms, kissing him once more.