6 | different

sex |  different

After several hook ups, Luke was still confused. And horny. But he was okay with it.

He had hung out with Skylar casually maybe once or twice, but other than that the only time they ever saw each other was when they had sex. And they had sex quite often. Whether it was in the back of Luke's car, in his or her bedroom, in a shower, or even on the kitchen counter. And one time in a dressing room.

Luke was secretly checking off on his list the places he's had sex so far. And at the rate it was going, he thought he'd probably fill his list by the end of the month.

So he laid there in her bed for a while, after they had both finished cleaning up. She sat up beside him, in nothing but her undergarments and his red flannel, her hair tied up in that floppy, messy bun she had from that the first morning.

"So what is this," Luke asked, finally, breaking the silence. "Whatever you want it to be." She shrugged, her statement was open and general, with no hint of flirtiness whatsoever. Of course, Luke was not looking for a relationship at this time. And definitely not anytime soon. He wanted to lay low and be a careless adult, which is why he still lived with his parents. He could barely manage schoolwork, let alone a real relationship.

"So, just sex?" He clarified. She gasped as the last syllable left his mouth. "Are you using me for sex? I can't believe this. I'm being taken advantage of." She ranted dramatically, flailing her arms about. Luke's face stay solid as a stone. "I'm kidding, Grumpy."

"This is why I don't hang out with you."

~

Luke sat at the dining table with a cup of coffee, scribbling away at his math homework when his mum came in to sit at the table next to him.

Liz Hemmings, Luke's mum, is as wholesome as it gets. She is the perfect example of a clingy, overprotective mother. Though Luke loves her, he hated it when she asked him about his personal life and everything in between because he hated explaining it.

Liz constantly asked him if he ever had girlfriends, and Luke of course would always deny that fact, and sometimes she'd even ask if he had a boyfriend, and Luke would simply deny that as well.

"Sweet, who is that girl you've been hanging out with lately?" Liz buggered, her hands folded in front of her. Luke rolled his eyes, not bothering to say a word, still concentrating on his math. "Luke Robert, I asked you a question." Liz pestered on.

Luke sighed deeply, roughly putting his pencil down onto the table.

"Mum, you ask me these questions all the time, and I never answer." Luke groaned in annoyance. "What makes you think I'll answer this time?" He huffed, his arms crossed, making him look like a bratty 4-year-old.

"Because I am your mother." Liz smiled proudly. "And I have a feeling about this one."

Luke stifled a laugh. "What makes you say that?"

Liz looked at him for a while, in her head she was figuring out exactly what to say.

"You're different. You're still my Luke, but you're different."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. He didn't understand what was different about him. Granted, he was a totally different person than who he was in high school. Nowadays, he had a I-don't-give-a-fuck reaction to most things. Back then, he was a total sweetheart—which lead to most girls taking advantage of this and using him, therefore creating the monster that exists now. A sex-craving monster with no emotional attachment whatsoever.

"Look, Liz-" he began, setting his pencil flat on the table. "Lucas, don't you call me that," she replied.

"I'm not seeing anyone. I don't think I ever will." He shrugged casually. Liz frowned at the thought. The possibility of her never having grandkids and a daughter-in-law broke her heart. And Luke was running out of time. She thought he needed to find someone soon. Someone to change his ways and help him become mature. She believed in her heart that he would find this person, it was only a matter of time. And despite never meeting Skylar, this is a chance.

"I like things the way they are now. I don't need any strings attached. I'm a free man."

~

Word Count: 748