Chapter 4: Finally, Narnia.

Lucy took a deep breath, enjoying the delicious and pure air around them. It was familiar, easily recognizable, yet she tried to search for some sort of answer that could be logic. She couldn't go back to Narnia, could she? Aslan said they wouldn't go, didn't he? Then, why she felt as if she had never left the place? Staring at her hands, full of rings and jewels, she noticed her fingers a bit longer, pale and delicate, looking exactly like the time she and her siblings had left Narnia through the wardrobe, ending the Golden Age with their disappearance. Now she was that age again. Older, definitely older, but still young and merry.

Digory cleared his throat. For a reason he couldn't understand – he didn't feel as curious at the moment – he wasn't tired. That is to say, he didn't feel the weariness that comes along the years, nor he felt old or tense. He could move his arms and legs as though they were made of bubble gum. He felt younger each minute. When he stared at Polly, he understood it wasn't just him. She looked younger... and royal-like. It was marvellous to find that the three of them were wearing the kind of clothes appropriated for a noble feast, but these weren't uncomfortable, like the ones in England. These were soft and light. Narnian.

"We're back." Lucy said, her eyes filled with tears. Her gaze was firm and strong, though. She was Queen Lucy the Valiant now. "We're here! Aslan brought us back."

"By Jove, I believe we are!" Digory cried. "But how... my poor heart... it's too much..."

"Oh, quiet, Digs!" Polly shook her head. Your heart's fine, just as it is mine.""

"If only you could see yourselves like I do now, you'd realize—"

"Look! Over there!" Polly – her voice like the ring of a bell – cried. Two kings were standing up not so far. Lucy ran to them, crying and laughing.

"Peter! Edmund!"

"Lu!! You're here!"

The two of them grinned identically to their sister and received her hug delighted. They hadn't seen each other for a week or so.

"So this isn't a dream after all, eh?" Edmund said, taking a deep breath, as if he tried to contain all the happiness inside. After a long while full of "Can you believe it?" "It's Narnia" "Look at the Professor's beard! It's golden, not grey anymore!" and "Gosh!" they finally calmed and began to wander around the grounds with tender looks and grins, exploring the trees and trying to search for anything familiar, though they didn't leave the place. They were just silent, as if words weren't enough, until Lucy gasped.

"Jill! Eustace!"

"Probably sent by Aslan to another part where they could help." Digory said, as though he had already wondered the same thing. "I don't fully see the sense of bringing us – me and Polly – here either though I could jump joyfully all around for it."

"It's rude to remind an old lady about her age." Polly grunted. "And I certainly keep my own point of view. Aslan never makes mistakes, you know." She turned her merry eyes to the Kings. "I say, how did you two end up here as well? Did you use the rings?"

Peter and Edmund, rather confused, explained everything to the other three, and the same did Lucy. Their stories were very similar. None of them could guess the reason they were taken there as well, but they were all too glad to worry about it yet. It was then when Edmund, frowning, pointed at something they hadn't noticed before.

"What is that?"

It was the queerest thing they could imagine, and one of the less expected ones. Peter was the first to walk to it, followed by his sister and brother. The sunlight shone fully over a rough wooden door standing up in middle of the ground. Nothing seemed to be keeping it straight, but it didn't look as if it could fall thanks to a strong wind either. Round it there was the framework of the doorway. Nothing else, no walls, no roof. It was senseless that a door could be in middle of nowhere, apparently leading to nowhere else. But the Pevensie had already seen something a lot alike when Aslan had opened a door for them after they helped Prince Caspian to get his throne over Narnia.