Touch of Evil // Part Three

When Betty dragged us into the student lounge, I immediately wanted to leave

When Betty dragged us into the student lounge, I immediately wanted to leave. Students were everywhere making me tense up. Veronica took a seat by one of the football players, Chuck, while I situated myself beside Jughead.

He looked over at me and smiled, "Fancy seeing you here, Marrows."

"Not willingly, Jones. This is definitely not my type of setting." I motioned to the crowd in front of us. Another football player was ranting to his friends. Jug informed me his name was Reggie and he was nice sometimes but an ass most of it.

"...And speaking of offensive tight-ends, I should've sent the cops to you, Moose. Because here's another unsolved mystery. What exactly were you and Kevin doing at the river, huh? Or does being with the sheriff's son give you a free pass? Keller?"

His last comment was directed towards Kevin, who I could tell was uncomfortable. This Reggie guy seemed like a dick. I could tell this wasn't going to end well. If we were going to sit here and play the blame game, nobody would stay calm.

"Reggie's just being a blowhard, Kev," Betty reassured him.

Kevin shook his head, "I don't care what he says."

Reggie continued his speech as I zoned out. Jughead's name suddenly brought my attention back as I listened, "Some smug, moody, serial killer fanboy freak, like Jughead."

The boy next to me had previously been watching Archie's battle with the vending machine but now, he was the center of attention. My hand made its way to his lower back but stayed hidden from public view.

"What was it like, Suicide Squad? When you shot Jason?" Reggie smirked, "You didn't do stuff to the body, did you? Like...after?"

Jughead's position relaxed a bit as he took Reggie's insults, "It's called necrophilia, Reggie. Can you spell it?"

Reggie lept up from his chair, "Come here, you little..."

Impulse shoved me right in between the two boys, my eyes narrowing into a glare as Reggie stopped. "Shut the hell up, you asshole."

I saw Veronica's jaw drop across the room, Betty's too. Kevin sat back with a smirk, his eyes focused on me. Archie moved next to Jughead, ready to step in.

Reggie smirked down at me, "Ah, the Marrows girl. Figures you'd jump in to save him. You were too quiet for your own good. So, what? Did you and Donnie Darko kill him together? Some sort of dark, emo pact thing?"

I bit my lip tightly and before I knew it, my arms were out, shoving Reggie back a few feet. Jughead yanked me out of the way as Archie jumped in, taking Reggie's anger for me. I watched, shocked, as the glass in the vending machine shattered with the force of Archie's back.

"Archie!" My shout filled the room as multiple people ran forward to break up the fight. Jughead pulled me back further from the two boys just as Reggie punched Archie. I fought against Jug's hold but Veronica and Betty were next to keep me back as Jughead and Kevin went towards Archie.